Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.38.06

They certainly won’t on this model, and given the small screen size on these players, unless they come out with a larger format (which bucks the current trend) it’s doubtful they will in the future.

Press the Power buttoon for  little over 1/2 a second or so - don’t hold it in too long or it will turn off !! :slight_smile:

@glaurenson wrote:

Press the Power buttoon for  little over 1/2 a second or so - don’t hold it in too long or it will turn off !! :slight_smile:

:confounded:

FYI - It helps (especially in a long thread) to use the Quote button when composing your reply so everyone knows who & what you are responding to.

Otherwise, you’ll get a dummy like me who will wonder what the heck you’re talking about. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sandisk Fuse Plus Playlists Linux Ubuntu Problem Fix

I’ve finally stumbled on my best option for creating playlists, use the folders feature. Playlists are broken. There is no way to transfer a working playlist to the sansa fuse plus with linux. My solution is folders. I copy songs to a folder, that’s my playlist. I find this to be the easiest solution to an ugly problem. Hope it helps someone.

That is obvious solution. Real solution would be, of course, if you would be able to chose songs from different folders (maybe even from internal memory AND SD card , but that would be too much) and make playlist for those songs from different folders. That is how playlist should work in first place, everything else is wrong.

my sansa fuze+ interrupted while doing this it cant open now

“your sansa will shut down” it doesnt open

search the forum for other topics related to your problem…

people do not read this topic too much.

I regret upgrading the firmware. Now the clock loses the correct time each time i shut off the sansa. IS THERE ANY WAY TO GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF THE FIRMWARE?

I think i found a solution. I did a forum search, and it seems that if you plug the sansa into your computer and start windows media player, then somehow the clock is miraculously fixed.

I browsed the sansa (thru Media Player) and viewed the songs.  then i took a podcast, that came loaded on the sansa from the factory, and sync’d it to my computer. then i turned the sansa off and turned it back on. the clock did not lose time. this was not a very thorough test, but it seems to have fixed the problem at first glance.

Where do I find the root directory?

Did you click on the red underlined words “root directory” (link) in the firmware post?

Hi Slotmonsta,

I have got a Sansa Fuze+ and I wanted to do a Manual update to 02.38.06. I did it following your instructions, but when I turn it on again, there were these black screen with small letters and I can not start my Fuze+ again!! what can I do to restore it? please, thank you. Luis from Argentina

I’ve just updated to 02.38.06… Two things so far:

• If Sansa is locked, is it logical to allow change volume up/down (side buttons)? I would say “No”: almost every day I get the situation when Sansa is playing in my pocket it and volume down is accidentally pushed, I can’t hear the music. So I need to get it out, add more volume and put it back.
  • Would it be logical to remember the last position in navigation menu and restore it after power on? I mean, if I have navigated to Music → Folders (it’s already tricky, as one need to scroll to last item, please add cycle scrolling – then it would be just one press) and then long way down to necessary folder, then after I have switched Sansa off and turned on again, it remembers the song, but I can’t return to last folder.

@dma_k wrote:

I’ve just updated to 02.38.06… Two things so far:

• If Sansa is locked, is it logical to allow change volume up/down (side buttons)? I would say “No”: almost every day I get the situation when Sansa is playing in my pocket it and volume down is accidentally pushed, I can’t hear the music. So I need to get it out, add more volume and put it back.
  • Would it be logical to remember the last position in navigation menu and restore it after power on? I mean, if I have navigated to Music → Folders (it’s already tricky, as one need to scroll to last item, please add cycle scrolling – then it would be just one press) and then long way down to necessary folder, then after I have switched Sansa off and turned on again, it remembers the song, but I can’t return to last folder.

Ithink that both of your suggestions would be great if they were options people could toggle. Personally, I prefer starting up to the main menu. I also like being able to adjust volume despite being locked since I normally hold it in my hand while walking (imagine skipping five songs because you had to dodge a drunk on a motorcycle).

@dma_k wrote:

• […] as one need to scroll to last item, please add cycle scrolling […]

Go to Settings -> Customize Menu and set Looping: On. This enables wrapping around menus from last item to the first one. I turned this off on my device because it reacts erratically to my finger taps:angry:

I wish this update had worked. I dragged the file into it. But what is the root file? I looked it up but it did not help. I don’t think what I did caused anything to happen. A bit frustrated.

@jtox

Be sure you have your fuze+ in MSC mode.  Go to settings, USB Mode and select MSC.  Then drag your extracted firmware.sb file into the root directory of your fuze+, which should show up as a drive letter in windows explorer.  Shows up as K:\ on my computer, but yours will be different.  Once it’s copied over to your fuze+ you just need to disconnect it in order to finish the update.  Right click on the fuze+ folder in windows and select eject from the menu before disconnecting to be on the safe side though.

Hope this helps.

FYI, unlike other Sansa players, the Fuze+ doesn’t need to be in MSC mode. A firmware update can be done from either modes (MTP, MSC).

I guess Sandisk is trying to kill this line off, no new updates in over year.  I’m going to have to go over to the darkside and buy a ICrap

Don’t do it!  Try a Cowon, that’s my next choice when my Fuze+ eventually goes.