Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.38.06

@fuzionnow wrote:

the Rockbox port is ready in the next couple months or so.

I would say in the next couples of weeks

@fuzionnow wrote:
Certainly we guinea pigs who shelled out roughly $250 for  a 16 GB Fuze+ with an 32 GB SD card as soon as it came out have a right to be ticked off.  After all, these first devices went out of warranty back in early September; out of warranty before they ever became usable!!!  Worse yet, we have wasted over a year and paid $100 over what we would pay now for the same device and 32 GB SD card.  That’s a hundred bucks to pay for the privlege of hauling an unusable device out of the desk drawer every few months to be an unpaid beta tester of a new firmware update.

This is clearly unacceptable. And a lot of other custumers already said so. I hope Sansa is going to give a better approach on their next device.

On the other hand: I’m the one who started the rockbox port’s process by opening the device and giving the picture of the pcb on the port’s page. I did without any kind of knowledge or pratical hability. Just a few video in youtube about how to open such devices.  Right after that came people around, especially Pamaury, starting to work on it. I mean: if people like you had just opened their device from the early beginning, we could be having a rockbox’s port at least since one year already!

@fuzionnow wrote:
When the Rockbox port is ready there will be a surge in Sansa Fuze+ sales.  I wonder if the Product Managers at Sansa will understand the reason.  Probably not, but Sansa will have at least earned it to some degree for putting out a decent selection of components.  Too bad the software never really arrived.

Sansa seems to have helped the port, even offering to send a free fuze+. Also answering a few question. I guess it is not totally a hazard if so many sansa devices are supported in Rockbox.

And clearly I just can’t wait for the port to be usable for the hardware of the fuze+ is really nice!