SanDisk Senior User

Re: Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.36.03

@roman2 are you making sure it's really locked? Like does the lock screen show when you first lock it?

I don't know what the locked screen should look like as it's never worked for me. After I press the power button very briefly, I am always able to use the touchpad.

SanDisk Guru

first you dont need 2 threads for the same issue. press and hold the button for half a second then release. it will lock it. same to unlock it.

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

I found the bug!!

The lock function disables the volume buttons until a timeout of the "locked" message, most annoying.  After the delay, the (hard) volume buttons will operate as they should, when locked.  If you inadvertently touch the pad, this message pops up, starting the inhibition of the butons again.

I just discovered something cool.  I started the Tiesto video, and locked the pad.  Pretty nice, the "locked" mask pops up in landscape mode. Try the volume buttons again: they work normally!  At least part of the code works great for the lock.  No timeout, no problems.  Thought I'd pass it on.  Give a video a try to see what I mean.

Tinkering is such great sport.

Oh yes, drlucky is right, the LOCK threshold value is 500ms (1/2 second) for on/off lock.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

SanDisk User

Yeah cool, but most people don't lock the screen when a video is playing. More useful when playing music.

Excellent find though, well done. Will probably help developers fix the issue.

SanDisk User

+1 for the firmware by the way, the lock function is fantastic now and I'm really enjoying using the device now. Now all we need to fix is the sluggish UI, a recently added playlist, a feature which remembers where you are in the songlists and menus, looped menus, and better battery life and charging time?

Thanks

SanDisk Senior User

[ Edited ]

last 2 I don't see happening. Does anyone else have my problem where when it's off the clock isn't ticking? It doesn't "catch up" when turned on it just stays at the time(and date) it showed when I last turned it off.

and before these a recently added playlist, a feature which remembers where you are in the songlists and menus, looped menus we need working M3U(8) playlists.

I still can't play any of my OGG Vorbis files.

And why does the main support page for the Fuze+ still advertise firmware version 01.32.00? I came to the forums looking for an ETA on the next firmware release, and found out it had been released more than two weeks ago. Wazzup w/ that?

- Palmer

Gotta tell you, I'm not real satisfied with my Sansa Fuze+. I hate to say this because I received it as a gift to replace another brand player. But, I've had no end of trouble with this device with the DRM License issue/cannot sync licenses, and the touchy touch pad. I've had to reformat this device twice and still cannot update the firmware since it's not available on the Sansa Updater list and I'm too much of technical deficient to load the new firmware manually. I'm back to using the old device which works, I just can't add tracks without reformatting that player due to corrupt files. Ugggh!!!

SanDisk Guru

the new update fixes the rhapsody issue. it is easy if you can drag and drop a file you can do the manual update. just follow the instructions and you will be good to go.