SanDisk Guru

Re: Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.36.03

[ Edited ]

The build revision numbers reflect various internal coding changes in the firmware.  SanDisk tests various builds and releases the final versions after testing.  Often, there are intermediate builds that have different individual functionalities.

Rather than renaming the final release in a direct numeric sequence, the build number remains intact.  That's why we'll see jumps in the firmware version number.  These little players handle so many different applications and file formats, depending upon the user's needs and preferences, so the firmware can be quite complex.

Often, the leading digits of a firmware designate code written for different revisions of the hardware.  Over time, inprovements are made at the hardware component level, necessitating a firmware change specific to the new revision.  In the case of the Fuze+, the change in the leading digits reflects a new family of firmware, not a build specific to one hardware revision.  That's why the firmware will run on the current devices in the field.

I had wondered if some of you who have had rev.1 and 2 Clips or Fuzes might have been concerned about that.  A good way to think of it is the 02 firmware incorporates the new key lock function.

Oh, sorry, almost forgot.  Selecting the 24 hour format does not switch the date format to DD/MM/YY, European-style, like it does on my cycling computers.  I like that, actually: when selecting km as the default speed indication, many cycling computers then flip the date format as well as add a 24 hour time display.  Not so with the Fuze+, as the date remains MM/DD/YY regardless of time preference.

Let me know if your clock's "suspended animation" has resolved, it sounds like a glitch.  Is the clock keeping time once again?

Bob  Smiley Tongue

SanDisk User

@neutron_bob wrote:

Oh, sorry, almost forgot.  Selecting the 24 hour format does not switch the date format to DD/MM/YY, European-style, like it does on my cycling computers.  I like that, actually: when selecting km as the default speed indication, many cycling computers then flip the date format as well as add a 24 hour time display.  Not so with the Fuze+, as the date remains MM/DD/YY regardless of time preference.

In Canada we use DD/MM/YY, or YY/MM/DD, i.e. NOT U.S. style format. What you folks call "European" I guess. So, how can I fudge the Region setting, as I cannot find anything in Settings? Some of us Canucks also use 24hr format regularly.

Perhaps you could add the ability to change specifically the Date Format in a future firmware?

Thanks,

SanDisk Senior User

Negitive. I turned it off after posting then picked up again an hour later and it said it was an hour earlier. The date also sticks which proves the time isn't ticking. It's @ 50% charge if that mattters.

I see I and my Fuze+ clock are in good company.  Since installing the latest firmware, my clock does not update properly either.  I have the impression that it even runs backward sometimes.  With the last firmware update, my clock was a bit "flakey" for a while, but it seemed to straighten itself out in time.  No indication that it is going to self-correct this time.  At least the sleep timer does apperar to operate correctly.

SanDisk User

the constant reboot bug with certain flags IS NOT FIXED.

And not mentioned under known bugs.

Hey, Sandisk, are you kidding me? There is a german word which is very fitting for your behaviour:

VERARSCHEN

And I haven't even tried playlists. If you can not fix constant reboots, I am sure you are completely unable to fix a 'lockup on non-windows-7-generated-playlists'.

SanDisk Senior User

mine only keeps time when it's powered on so sleep timer works (thankfully). No backwards tome counting though.

SanDisk Guru

how are you turning it off? i just turned mine off for an hour and it has the correct time. 

SanDisk Senior User

[ Edited ]

hold pwr buttin for 3-4seconds release it says good bye and then shuts off.

SanDisk Guru

hmm i am not having the same issue. few more questions.

are you using 24hr clock or 12 hr clock?

what region are you set to?

SanDisk Senior User

12hour US