Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.36.03

Will they fix the sluggishness of the devie anytime soon. I have just under 3,000 songs on my device and it takes ages to access my music via playlist. Also its very irritating when the player resets back to the top of the music player which exasperates the sluggisness of this device, meaning I have to take a long time to once again access my music via playlist. Please fix thank you.

I doubt that is the second most complained about issue, but it is up there. The sluggishness of this player is the biggest and most annoying issue on this player. If they fix it, it will be a great mp3 player. Most people who have returned their sansa fuze+ are due to the sluggishness with full libraries, overlsensative gui. For now this player is a nightmare come true but hopefully they will fix these issues very soon. I am still at a loss that these bugs were not worked out before actual release? But I guess thats their choice. It will affect the overall bottom line to be honest though.

@leeangelo wrote:

Will they fix the sluggishness of the devie anytime soon.

drlucky wrote in this post just 2 days ago:

they said they are working on sluggish menus when it has a large library. not sure when the fix would be released though. 

That would be most welcome !

More importantly, it takes long time for the volume buttons to start working after the touchpad was touched while the player was locked. Does not make sense to me. If I have the player in my pocket and it’s locked, and I want to change the volume, it is quite likely that I will inadvertently touch the touchpad while reaching for the player. This disables volume buttons for an annoyingly long time.

Well, after a few days of testing, I can say it’s exactly as I thought.  90% of times I want to change volume on the player that sits locked in my pocket, I accidentally touch the touchpad when reaching into the the pocket, and the volume buttons get blocked for 40 seconds or so. Please fix this.

I haven’t seen this behaviour. There are a few seconds until the volume buttons react, but really only a few - and I am certainly not in the mood to defend the Fuze+

OK, I admit I exaggerated. I measured it now. It’s not 40 seconds. It’s 15 seconds. Still, it’s like 14 seconds too long. Actually it’s 15 seconds too long - why does tapping on the touchpad of a locked player block the hard volume buttons for any amount of time? The hardware buttons should not be affected at all by previous taps on the touchpad.

The fun part was tapping the touchpad, then waiting for progressively longer times to see when the volume buttons respond.

The new lock feature is a wonderful addition, with one remaining glitch, all control inputs are inhibited when locked, except for the power button.   When the touchpad is tapped, the hey! I’m locked! message starts a timeout that inhibits the volume buttons.

It’s a bug for sure, remedied soon, I hope. 

The volume buttons, a hard input, should always have interrupt capability (coding hint, nudge nudge wink wink).

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@pawelg: What is your backlight time out? Mine is 30 second and once it blacks out it take an additional 10 seconds for the volume buttons to work, (I’ll test them though without the backlight going off though and see if I’m wrong.)

Same here, the display timeout plus a little more time.  To map the volume key interrupt without the lock is the key.

The new lock feature is almost right.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I don’t believe anyone has mentioned one other negative side effect of the new lock feature, which is that the new “lock” picture is much more opaque than what was on the last lock screen (which did not feature a picture of a lock at all), making it difficult to simply look at track information that’s already playing…you often have to unlock the device first, especially if you’re out in the sun.

@alienkid10

I have 45 seconds backlight out time.

NVM backlight time has nothing to do with it. It’s about 15 second from locking to being able to use the volume buttons. Very annoying.

I tried it several times today. Time between unlocking and working volume: less than 5 seconds. 3 seconds at most. And I always touch the touchpad pulling the player out of my pocket.

unlocking then vol isn’t the problem it’s trying to use them right after it’s locked/the lock screen appears(like when you touch the touch pad whie trying to up volume in your pocket.)

Awesome ! Thanks for the firmware update !

Changing the lock Functionality was a great idea. I like it better now…

Just a reminder that myself and probably others chose the Fuze+ mostly because of its FLAC support.

so ironing out the tagging bugs on that would cool.

I popped by randomily to see if there was a firmware update and to my suprise there was :slight_smile:

Good Job Sansa Crew !

em, using the keys while locked? Isn’t locking supposed to prevent that?

The lock function is intended to lock (inhibit) the touchpad.  The hard keys, the top on / off button and the side volume buttons are not locked.  At least, in theory.  The volume buttons are temporarily locked, and will operate after a delay. 

Bob  :wink:

The touchpad doesn’t get locked for me with 02.36.03A.

ah, well, I always unnlock to change volume…