Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.36.03

hold pwr buttin for 3-4seconds release it says good bye and then shuts off.

hmm i am not having the same issue. few more questions.

are you using 24hr clock or 12 hr clock?

what region are you set to?

12hour US

Mine doesn’t keep time no matter how I turn it off – long press of top button or with sleep timer.  Using US 12-hour setting.

Some additional data, for what it’s worth.  My Fuze+ clock updates while it’s on, but when I first turn it on, it always shows the time I entered the last time I set it.  The clock doesn’t actually run backwards; it just appears to because it reverts to the last set time when I turn it on.  I’ve tried resetting it (long on/off switch push) and reinstalling firmware 02.36.03, but that doesn’t change the time-tracking behavior.

@didjeridude wrote:

Some additional data, for what it’s worth.  My Fuze+ clock updates while it’s on, but when I first turn it on, it always shows the time I entered the last time I set it.  The clock doesn’t actually run backwards; it just appears to because it reverts to the last set time when I turn it on.  I’ve tried resetting it (long on/off switch push) and reinstalling firmware 02.36.03, but that doesn’t change the time-tracking behavior.

exact same with me.

@brush wrote:

In Canada we use DD/MM/YY, or YY/MM/DD, i.e. NOT U.S. style format. What you folks call “European” I guess. So, how can I fudge the Region setting, as I cannot find anything in Settings? Some of us Canucks also use 24hr format regularly.

Perhaps you could add the ability to change specifically the Date Format in a future firmware?

Thanks,

Hey, I see the Queen on the coins eh?  There’s some Euro in there.

Down here the kids can’t spell European, and text messaging is excellent preparation for that upcoming English exam.  My Canadian mother taught me the niceties of real bacon, maple syrup is a food group (as is good beer), and yes, Kraft Dinner is good with Thanksgiving turkey here in the States.

Heck, I love mac and cheese with anything, especially bacon, and learned how to work an English toaster at a very young age.  There’s something nice about toast that’s crunchy on one side, you know.  Canadian fare is great.  I have found that Eggo waffles double as buffing pads for the car, those nasty things.  Only proper pancakes for me, washed down with coffee that doubles as gasket remover (American tastes make coffee the strength of tea, how sad!).

Oh, where was I? Ah yes, the time format, and the date.  I agree with you, 28 February is the proper way to write it.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Then I guess this isn’t for you.  It’s looks like fun to use and it’s supposed to taste good.  Plus it’s organic.  How bad can it be?

Sorry for going off-topic.

Yay for fixing the lock function, but am I the only one who is really really bothered by navigation?

Sluggish performance with buggy navigation still makes it very hard for me to enjoy my player.  I don’t ever want to be defaulted back to the stupid cover flow screen!  Back should always mean back to the menu I used to get to the currently playing song!!!  No matter what.  End of story.  Whether I have turned the player off or it has gone to the idle screen shut off or whatever.  If the screen goes idle while I am browsing through menus, when I touch the controls again, it should come back up to the same screen I was on before it went idle.

It would also be nice if playback resumed on start up.  Can’t count how many times I’ve set it down, waiting the full minute+ for it to start up and forgotten about it, because it didn’t start to play music.  Then it shuts itself off and I have to restart the whole process.

I said it the last time there was an update: fix the sluggishness, and the other problems become less of an issue.  Please.  I really don’t care about the clock and the date, when the poor navigation and extreme sluggishness make me not want to use the player at all.

Going on six months of trying really hard to like this player.  Now seriously considering selling it for as much as possible and buying a Cowon J3.

sabina wrote:

Sluggish performance with buggy navigation still makes it very hard for me to enjoy my player.  I don’t ever want to be defaulted back to the stupid cover flow screen!  Back should always mean back to the menu I used to get to the currently playing song!!!  No matter what.  End of story.  Whether I have turned the player off or it has gone to the idle screen shut off or whatever.  If the screen goes idle while I am browsing through menus, when I touch the controls again, it should come back up to the same screen I was on before it went idle.

it does this as long as it is not turned off. the only time back goes back to the main menu level is if 1. you press and hold the back button. or 2. it is turned off. 

they said they are working on sluggish menus when it has a large library. not sure when the fix would be released though. 

I haven’t sat and figured out the exact pattern it follows, but between the sluggish performance they’ve supposedly been working to fix since I got the thing in October and being redirected when I’m trying to browse my library, whether it has idled or been turned off, the UI is a nightmare.  I might as well not have my music in playlists or categorized by genre, because the frustration it takes to get to those menus is just not worth it.

I mean, yeah my player is just about full and I have a microSD card, but why offer a 16gb capacity player with microSD slot if they render the player completely annoying?

I feel that there should be a firmware update that makes it easier to access individual songs. For instance, I have about 350 songs and if I want to listen to a song that begins with the letter “Z”, I have to scroll alllllll the way down through all of my songs before I can get to it. There needs to be a way that we can access individual letters because it is kinda annoying having to do that. I can’t imagine if I had 1000 songs and had to scroll through all of the songs before I am able to get to the one I want to hear. 

A little while after the previous Fuze debuted, wraparound scroll was added.  It would be great on the Fuze+, both in the main menu, and within the navigation nodes.

The Fuze+ would benefit immensely from this feature.  I think I would too, come to think of it.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that they fixed the locking mechanism with a firmware update. I’m sure looping menus will be next. Since its the second most complained about feature on the Fuze+. I’m sure the locking mechanism was the #1 complaint from everyone. And any Touch navigation device should have a quick and reliable locking mechanism. 
Hopefully the looping menus are coming. 

That would be most welcome !

Will they fix the sluggishness of the devie anytime soon. I have just under 3,000 songs on my device and it takes ages to access my music via playlist. Also its very irritating when the player resets back to the top of the music player which exasperates the sluggisness of this device, meaning I have to take a long time to once again access my music via playlist. Please fix thank you.

I doubt that is the second most complained about issue, but it is up there. The sluggishness of this player is the biggest and most annoying issue on this player. If they fix it, it will be a great mp3 player. Most people who have returned their sansa fuze+ are due to the sluggishness with full libraries, overlsensative gui. For now this player is a nightmare come true but hopefully they will fix these issues very soon. I am still at a loss that these bugs were not worked out before actual release? But I guess thats their choice. It will affect the overall bottom line to be honest though.

@leeangelo wrote:

Will they fix the sluggishness of the devie anytime soon.

drlucky wrote in this post just 2 days ago:

they said they are working on sluggish menus when it has a large library. not sure when the fix would be released though. 

That would be most welcome !

More importantly, it takes long time for the volume buttons to start working after the touchpad was touched while the player was locked. Does not make sense to me. If I have the player in my pocket and it’s locked, and I want to change the volume, it is quite likely that I will inadvertently touch the touchpad while reaching for the player. This disables volume buttons for an annoyingly long time.

Well, after a few days of testing, I can say it’s exactly as I thought.  90% of times I want to change volume on the player that sits locked in my pocket, I accidentally touch the touchpad when reaching into the the pocket, and the volume buttons get blocked for 40 seconds or so. Please fix this.