Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.36.03

Yes, I also would like to know : “How do I set my region to have the date displayed as DD/MM/YY?” Thank you in advance for responding to that.

For the other features, all is OK for me in this new release (even if I’d no problem with the previous locking feature).

Thank you to Sandisk to ear its customers, and it is really useful to have this forum to have the information and share experience with other users.

After two weeks with my Sansa Fuze+, learnig how to correctly use it, especially convert and tag my content to see it correctly ordered in my Fuze, I really love it.

After testing different software to tag content, finally I found the best is MediaMonkey. Perhaps it will be usefull for “newbies” to know that :wink:

Bob

I still need to question:   going from version 1.27 to 1.32 seems kinda normal.  From there to 2.36 in “a few days” seems far fetched.  It still seems like there’s something not to trust in this.  It is a brand new Fuze+, which seems to be what I am hearing about here, but why would the installer program make a normal incremental move as apposed to this version jump?

@davcbr wrote:

Bob

I still need to question:   going from version 1.27 to 1.32 seems kinda normal.  From there to 2.36 in “a few days” seems far fetched.  It still seems like there’s something not to trust in this.  It is a brand new Fuze+, which seems to be what I am hearing about here, but why would the installer program make a normal incremental move as apposed to this version jump?

What Bob meant was that the newer firmware update has been posted here on the forum as soon as it was released. It just hasn’t been updated to the Updater yet. That will happen in a few days, barring any catastrophic issues that are discovered by those here who downloaded it first.

Members (and visitors) here always get a few days advanced access to firmware updates before the general release.

is it just me or deos it not keep time anymore? I turned it off yesterday at noon and booted it up now and it said it was the time I turned it off?

The build revision numbers reflect various internal coding changes in the firmware.  SanDisk tests various builds and releases the final versions after testing.  Often, there are intermediate builds that have different individual functionalities.

Rather than renaming the final release in a direct numeric sequence, the build number remains intact.  That’s why we’ll see jumps in the firmware version number.  These little players handle so many different applications and file formats, depending upon the user’s needs and preferences, so the firmware can be quite complex.

Often, the leading digits of a firmware designate code written for different revisions of the hardware.  Over time, inprovements are made at the hardware component level, necessitating a firmware change specific to the new revision.  In the case of the Fuze+, the change in the leading digits reflects a new family of firmware, not a build specific to one hardware revision.  That’s why the firmware will run on the current devices in the field.

I had wondered if some of you who have had rev.1 and 2 Clips or Fuzes might have been concerned about that.  A good way to think of it is the 02 firmware incorporates the new key lock function.

Oh, sorry, almost forgot.  Selecting the 24 hour format does not switch the date format to DD/MM/YY, European-style, like it does on my cycling computers.  I like that, actually: when selecting km as the default speed indication, many cycling computers then flip the date format as well as add a 24 hour time display.  Not so with the Fuze+, as the date remains MM/DD/YY regardless of time preference.

Let me know if your clock’s “suspended animation” has resolved, it sounds like a glitch.  Is the clock keeping time once again?

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Oh, sorry, almost forgot.  Selecting the 24 hour format does not switch the date format to DD/MM/YY, European-style, like it does on my cycling computers.  I like that, actually: when selecting km as the default speed indication, many cycling computers then flip the date format as well as add a 24 hour time display.  Not so with the Fuze+, as the date remains MM/DD/YY regardless of time preference.

In Canada we use DD/MM/YY, or YY/MM/DD, i.e. NOT U.S. style format. What you folks call “European” I guess. So, how can I fudge the Region setting, as I cannot find anything in Settings? Some of us Canucks also use 24hr format regularly.

Perhaps you could add the ability to change specifically the Date Format in a future firmware?

Thanks,

Negitive. I turned it off after posting then picked up again an hour later and it said it was an hour earlier. The date also sticks which proves the time isn’t ticking. It’s @ 50% charge if that mattters.

I see I and my Fuze+ clock are in good company.  Since installing the latest firmware, my clock does not update properly either.  I have the impression that it even runs backward sometimes.  With the last firmware update, my clock was a bit “flakey” for a while, but it seemed to straighten itself out in time.  No indication that it is going to self-correct this time.  At least the sleep timer does apperar to operate correctly.

the constant reboot bug with certain flags IS NOT FIXED.

And not mentioned under known bugs.

Hey, Sandisk, are you kidding me? There is a german word which is very fitting for your behaviour:

VERARSCHEN

And I haven’t even tried playlists. If you can not fix constant reboots, I am sure you are completely unable to fix a ‘lockup on non-windows-7-generated-playlists’.

mine only keeps time when it’s powered on so sleep timer works (thankfully). No backwards tome counting though.

how are you turning it off? i just turned mine off for an hour and it has the correct time. 

hold pwr buttin for 3-4seconds release it says good bye and then shuts off.

hmm i am not having the same issue. few more questions.

are you using 24hr clock or 12 hr clock?

what region are you set to?

12hour US

Mine doesn’t keep time no matter how I turn it off – long press of top button or with sleep timer.  Using US 12-hour setting.

Some additional data, for what it’s worth.  My Fuze+ clock updates while it’s on, but when I first turn it on, it always shows the time I entered the last time I set it.  The clock doesn’t actually run backwards; it just appears to because it reverts to the last set time when I turn it on.  I’ve tried resetting it (long on/off switch push) and reinstalling firmware 02.36.03, but that doesn’t change the time-tracking behavior.

@didjeridude wrote:

Some additional data, for what it’s worth.  My Fuze+ clock updates while it’s on, but when I first turn it on, it always shows the time I entered the last time I set it.  The clock doesn’t actually run backwards; it just appears to because it reverts to the last set time when I turn it on.  I’ve tried resetting it (long on/off switch push) and reinstalling firmware 02.36.03, but that doesn’t change the time-tracking behavior.

exact same with me.

@brush wrote:

In Canada we use DD/MM/YY, or YY/MM/DD, i.e. NOT U.S. style format. What you folks call “European” I guess. So, how can I fudge the Region setting, as I cannot find anything in Settings? Some of us Canucks also use 24hr format regularly.

Perhaps you could add the ability to change specifically the Date Format in a future firmware?

Thanks,

Hey, I see the Queen on the coins eh?  There’s some Euro in there.

Down here the kids can’t spell European, and text messaging is excellent preparation for that upcoming English exam.  My Canadian mother taught me the niceties of real bacon, maple syrup is a food group (as is good beer), and yes, Kraft Dinner is good with Thanksgiving turkey here in the States.

Heck, I love mac and cheese with anything, especially bacon, and learned how to work an English toaster at a very young age.  There’s something nice about toast that’s crunchy on one side, you know.  Canadian fare is great.  I have found that Eggo waffles double as buffing pads for the car, those nasty things.  Only proper pancakes for me, washed down with coffee that doubles as gasket remover (American tastes make coffee the strength of tea, how sad!).

Oh, where was I? Ah yes, the time format, and the date.  I agree with you, 28 February is the proper way to write it.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Then I guess this isn’t for you.  It’s looks like fun to use and it’s supposed to taste good.  Plus it’s organic.  How bad can it be?

Sorry for going off-topic.

Yay for fixing the lock function, but am I the only one who is really really bothered by navigation?

Sluggish performance with buggy navigation still makes it very hard for me to enjoy my player.  I don’t ever want to be defaulted back to the stupid cover flow screen!  Back should always mean back to the menu I used to get to the currently playing song!!!  No matter what.  End of story.  Whether I have turned the player off or it has gone to the idle screen shut off or whatever.  If the screen goes idle while I am browsing through menus, when I touch the controls again, it should come back up to the same screen I was on before it went idle.

It would also be nice if playback resumed on start up.  Can’t count how many times I’ve set it down, waiting the full minute+ for it to start up and forgotten about it, because it didn’t start to play music.  Then it shuts itself off and I have to restart the whole process.

I said it the last time there was an update: fix the sluggishness, and the other problems become less of an issue.  Please.  I really don’t care about the clock and the date, when the poor navigation and extreme sluggishness make me not want to use the player at all.

Going on six months of trying really hard to like this player.  Now seriously considering selling it for as much as possible and buying a Cowon J3.