Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.36.03

The build revision numbers reflect various internal coding changes in the firmware.  SanDisk tests various builds and releases the final versions after testing.  Often, there are intermediate builds that have different individual functionalities.

Rather than renaming the final release in a direct numeric sequence, the build number remains intact.  That’s why we’ll see jumps in the firmware version number.  These little players handle so many different applications and file formats, depending upon the user’s needs and preferences, so the firmware can be quite complex.

Often, the leading digits of a firmware designate code written for different revisions of the hardware.  Over time, inprovements are made at the hardware component level, necessitating a firmware change specific to the new revision.  In the case of the Fuze+, the change in the leading digits reflects a new family of firmware, not a build specific to one hardware revision.  That’s why the firmware will run on the current devices in the field.

I had wondered if some of you who have had rev.1 and 2 Clips or Fuzes might have been concerned about that.  A good way to think of it is the 02 firmware incorporates the new key lock function.

Oh, sorry, almost forgot.  Selecting the 24 hour format does not switch the date format to DD/MM/YY, European-style, like it does on my cycling computers.  I like that, actually: when selecting km as the default speed indication, many cycling computers then flip the date format as well as add a 24 hour time display.  Not so with the Fuze+, as the date remains MM/DD/YY regardless of time preference.

Let me know if your clock’s “suspended animation” has resolved, it sounds like a glitch.  Is the clock keeping time once again?

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: