Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.36.03

The new “top lock” function using the power button is a welcome improvement.  Note that the volume buttons are also locked when active.  To adjust the volume, don’t forget that it takes a tap of the power button first.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I really like the new lock feature. It is a lot better now :slight_smile:

The volume buttons aren’t actually you just have to wait 45s-1m for the lock screen to dissapear then they function was normal. THANK YOU for the continuous recording! I use this with a Speech recognition software from time to time and with the old firmware I couldn’t use it. I would like an option to revert the lock to the old way, I rather liked it that way.

@alienkid10 wrote:

I would like an option to revert the lock to the old way, I rather liked it that way.

As Bart Simpson is fond if saying, “Aye Carumba!”

The locking procedure has been without a doubt the most-complained about feature of the new Fuze+, with people threatening return and boycott all SanDisk products unless it was “fixed”, and now that they finally have, you come up and say you liked it the old way!

This just proves there’s no pleasing everyone. :smileyvery-happy:

No, can’t please everyone.  But you can please most, and the improved lock function will resonate positively with most Fuze+ users.  There will always be a few exceptions. 

Heh yep. I’m sure I can used to this one. This way does make more sense so. I didn’t understand why people didn’t like the old way but whatever. I like my continuous recording so I’ll take the new lock if it means I can record things now.

@alienkid10 wrote:

The volume buttons aren’t actually you just have to wait 45s-1m for the lock screen to dissapear then they function was normal. 

Yeah I noticed my volume buttons were still working as well. But thats fine with me because I prefer it that way anyway lol

I know this is a dumb question but what is the root directory that I drop the firmware into is it in the same place you put music, video ,ect.?  I’m not a computer wiz so any help would be great, thanks.

Any way I’ve had me fuze+ for about a day and love it, the SQ is a nice step up from what I’ve had.

its the main folder where you see the music, videos, recordings etc 

@jiff wrote:

I know this is a dumb question but what is the root directory that I drop the firmware into is it in the same place you put music, video ,ect.?  I’m not a computer wiz so any help would be great, thanks.

Any way I’ve had me fuze+ for about a day and love it, the SQ is a nice step up from what I’ve had.

The root directory is the “main” directory that all others fall under. In MSC mode, if the player is assigned the drive letter of G, then the root directory is “G:/”. In MTP mode, open the player in Windows Explorer and double-click “Internal Memory”.

Phew.  It’s been a while since I’ve done a manualn update to any of my Sansas.   I hope that navigation gets easier.  Thing is so touchy.

thanks

Thanks a bunch for the update, but the biggest issue I still have with the Fuze+ is FLAC tags.  I purchased my 16GB for the sole purpose of storing more lossless tracks, but when I can’t tell what album I’m trying to play, it’s extremely frustrating.

If the Sandisk devs could focus on this for the next firmware update, that would make my day.

is Music Go List now always at the top of the playlists view or is it just me?

First, thanks for the update - the previous method of locking was very bad, many times I accidentally paused playback when I wanted to lock. I like the 24-hr clock too, and I am looking forward to the promised changes such as folder navigation and in particular the looped menus.

Now, on to complaints :wink:

“The format of the date setting will change according to region North America: MM/DD/YY; all other regions: DD/MM/YY”

Is date ever displayed or used except in date settings?

How do I set my region to have the date displayed as DD/MM/YY?

I don’t understand why it takes so long for the volume buttons to start working after the player is locked.

More importantly, it takes long time for the volume buttons to start working after the touchpad was touched while the player was locked. Does not make sense to me. If I have the player in my pocket and it’s locked, and I want to change the volume, it is quite likely that I will inadvertently touch the touchpad while reaching for the player. This disables volume buttons for an annoyingly long time.

I agree, the behavior of the dedicated volume buttons when locked is incorrect.  Any time the “locked” message displays, the controls are inhibited for about 40 seconds.  The lock feature should not affect the hard buttons, just the touchpad.

It’s quirky that if the touchpad is not touched, or even the power button is touched, actually- as a brief tap of the power button will elicit the “locked” screen display, starting the 40 second inhibit all over again.

The threshold for the lock function is about 500ms (1/2 second).  A brief press of the power button (above this time) will toggle the lock on or off.  If the button is merely tapped, the “locked” screen displays.  Obviously, there’s a little learning curve here, but it’s not so bad overall.

If the volume buttons are operated after about 40 seconds, they work normally when locked.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I just got mine, and as per the directions, I downloaded the “Updater” which handled the firmware update.  When I started, the version on the Fuze was 1.27.  After the update, it is now 1.32.00A.  So.  What is this version 2.36.03?  Should I trust the updater, or what I see here.  Out of curiosity, I tried the power button to unlock the thing, and it has no effect.  Is there some kind of two-tiered system that isn;t in the advertizing?

The Sansa Updater follows the Forums by a few days.  Download and install the new version here via the firmware link, and use the manual installation process.  Be sure that the microSD card port does not have a card mounted.

You can install the firmware.sb file in either MSC or MTP mode, whichever mode you currently use will be fine, I’ve tested transfer in both venues.

By installing manually,you’ll heve the new lock function and a selectble 24 hour clock too.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Yes, I also would like to know : “How do I set my region to have the date displayed as DD/MM/YY?” Thank you in advance for responding to that.

For the other features, all is OK for me in this new release (even if I’d no problem with the previous locking feature).

Thank you to Sandisk to ear its customers, and it is really useful to have this forum to have the information and share experience with other users.

After two weeks with my Sansa Fuze+, learnig how to correctly use it, especially convert and tag my content to see it correctly ordered in my Fuze, I really love it.

After testing different software to tag content, finally I found the best is MediaMonkey. Perhaps it will be usefull for “newbies” to know that :wink:

Bob

I still need to question:   going from version 1.27 to 1.32 seems kinda normal.  From there to 2.36 in “a few days” seems far fetched.  It still seems like there’s something not to trust in this.  It is a brand new Fuze+, which seems to be what I am hearing about here, but why would the installer program make a normal incremental move as apposed to this version jump?