Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 01.32.00

Firmware is the software code that powers your Fuze+.  You can think of it as the operating system.  SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware.  For an optimal experience with your Fuze+, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release.  It’s fast, easy, and free!

Let me start off by saying that majority of people will be able to update his/her firmware through the Sansa Firmware Updater. There is even a how-to video that explains the process. If for any reason the aforementioned steps do not work for you, then please feel free to continue by trying the more “computer savy” steps, described below.

SanDisk has just released  firmware version 01.32.00 for the Sansa Fuze+. Download links and the release notes are available below.

Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.

Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below. 

MSC mode instructions:

• Turn on the Fuze+
  • Navigate to  Settings  on the menu of the device itself 
  • Scroll down to and select  USB Mode
  • Select  MSC

Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 01.32.00 Download and Installation instructions

Update using the Sansa Firmware Updater

For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download

Manual Firmware Update  (Download and Instructions)

Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download

All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.

• Remove any external card from the Fuze+ before performing firmware update

• Ensure your battery is > 50% full. 

• Plug in your Sansa Fuze+ to your computer. 

• Extract the  firmware.sb  file from the .zip file you just downloaded into a folder on your computer.

• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze+. 

• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze+ and let the firmware update begin. 

• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off. 

• Turn the Fuze+ on, Select your language and region preference 

• Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” >  “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.30.01"x".

Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 01.32.00 Release Notes

This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below, as well as enhancements. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process.  If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again to restart. 

Bugs Fixed

• Slow accelerated scrolling in vertical long list & slow to stop when scrolling
  • Resume playback does not work for wma files tagged as audiobooks that show up under audiobooks menu
  • Music playback does not resume
  • Incorrect translation in Chinese and French
  • Cannot scroll up and down the photos while press-n-hold the button

Known Issues

• Device sometimes disconnects and reconnects while connecting to PC
  • Device  does not record continuously
  • RDS info sometimes does not display correctly on device
  • Device lowers volume while turning volume up when PreGain is ON
  • Sluggish performance with full library
  • After firmware downgrade/upgrade, contents from internal memory is showing under card or contents under card are no longer showing up

No link for manual update?

1. why not implement looped menus?

2. why not change the lock mechanism

3. what’s going on with the fm/voice recording bug

FYI :  Problem with M3U/M3U8’s described here [http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Problem-with-playlists-M3U-M3U8-s/td-p/215076 ] still exists in this version. I figured it would still be present due to timing,  but I thought I’d mention it so it maybe listed with other known issues.

Cheers!

Test drive time.

The issues not mentioned in the bug fix list here haven’t been ignored, this release is just the release version of the current build following QA.  Integrating new fixes requires test time.  Updates naturally will lag a little bit before all known issues are addressed.

Be sure to post any unique issues you may find!  I’m looking forward to changes in the touch interface, especially functionalities when “locked”.  Bookmarking is another nice possibility, I’d like to see the same functionality for books and podcasts as it works in video.  The video resume function works perfectly for all files, with a start / resume option when the file is opened.  Uber simple.

As a footnote, for those who would like to use the podcast resume, it has been modified.  I think you’ll like it.  Pause the current podcast to save a restore point.  When you navigate back to podcasts, you can find them either in the Playlists section, if you save your podcasts as a regularly updated playlist, as well as via the Podcast menu option.  When you first open the file, the Fuze will ask if you would like to resume.  There is an individual resume point stored for each podcast.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

“Slow accelerated scrolling in vertical long list & slow to stop when scrolling”

I was excited about this but it seems to be largely the same…i haven’t noticed any change in response speed whatsoever.  

why don’t add an export music go list playlist option in m3u or another format ?

thanks

sorry for my poor english :slight_smile:

Unlike the previous Sansas, the new Fuze+ allows editing playlists after clicking the “Add to Playlist” choice when an individual track is open.  You will have the choice of addind / deleting the track from individual playlists, after first selecting the “add” choice in the initial menu.

With other models, the GoList is the only list that can be edited from the device itself.

The list can be transferred or modified from the PC when connected.

I really want to like this player, but so far there’s just a lot of room for improvement…

What I would love more than anything in an update would be for my player not to be sluggish.  My library is not even full.  I can deal with the slow start up, but when it takes several seconds between EACH music menu?  That’s a problem, especially if I want to listen by genre or playlist, it takes FOREVER to get there.

What I would love even more than that would be to trade in for the same player with tactile buttons, because these touch controls are pretty much aweful.  It compounds the lag problem, because I don’t know if the touch controls just didn’t register, or if the player is just taking a while to respond.

I thought I was the only one having the same issues with the touch pad.  I spoke to a technician yesterday.  There are more firmware updates coming soon.

I wouldn’t count on another update too soon. The last one was only six days ago. Sandisk typically releases a new firmware roughly every three months   for models they still actively develop for. The only time they break from this schedule is when they need to fix a major bug accidentally introduced by an update (though updates for the Fuze+ have been more frequent, but that’s probably only because it’s their new baby. But I still wouldn’t count on another update in the very near future.)

I would. Like in the next three weeks.

I would agree that stability, over rushing fixes is important: however having read the forums concerning the music menu listing responsiveness after applying firmware updates over 1.27 (thanks to all who posted that info) means the (2) Fuse+ players I purchased as gifts this holiday season are firmware “bricked” until this major issue is fixed. 

Being a long time sandisk customer, I am not unfamiliar with this process - however having been through the Sansa View bugfix / release cycle - this does not bode well with me & will affect future purchase considerations.  In short, I hope the folks at Sandisk place a high priority on getting player menu responsiveness back to par with the original release ASAP.

Hi,

I have a problem with the new firmware. Sometimes, the player hangs up, or the touchpad doesn’t react anymore. Unfortunately, I left the card inside of the player while updating. I hope that the player isn’t broken now. What can you tell me about that? Please let me know…

I would think that the development cycle on the new Fuze+ will be much better than the poor little View fared.  The View is a complex little beast, with multiple firmware files, and video processing hardware on top of that.  The View even supports direct analog video output (PAL or NTSC), a very different platform.

The Fuze+ is a completely new platform from the earlier Fuze, with a new display, control interface, USB, and processor.  There are many new things to “work out the kinks” on.  I’m happy to see that the Fuze+ is more receptive to video files, playing video from several different sources, rather than holding to one specific container / format.  In this respect, it does things far simpler than the View did.

The new screen is a welcome change too.  If you have worked with the Sansa View, its control interface is nice, I especially like the “flopping” controls, an idea transferred to the new Fuze+ when viewing in landscape format.

@catsteer wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem with the new firmware. Sometimes, the player hangs up, or the touchpad doesn’t react anymore. Unfortunately, I left the card inside of the player while updating. I hope that the player isn’t broken now. What can you tell me about that? Please let me know…

Hey, these things happen.  Reapply the firmware sb file a little differently this time:

First, be sure to remove the microSD card.

Next, download a copy of the Fuze+ firmware, and unzip it.  Now, let’s connect manually in MSC mode , unless the touchpad is responding currently, simply sweep over to Settings > USB Mode > MSC.  If the touchpad isn’t responding, start with the device OFF.  Press and HOLD the Down Volume button while connecting tio the USB port.  Keep the button depressed until you have the familiar USB connected icon displayed.

Then drag and drop the firmware.sb file to the root directory of the Fuze+.  Unplug, and let the device reinstall the firmware.

Bob   :smileyvery-happy:

Is there an RSS feed those of us who don’t want Sansa updater can follow in a feed reader to keep trak of updates instead of visiting the forum every few days?

@alienkid10 wrote:

Is there an RSS feed those of us who don’t want Sansa updater can follow in a feed reader to keep trak of updates instead of visiting the forum every few days?

Yes, there is. It’s under Options in the upper right-hand corner of the posts. Problem is, when there’s a new update, a completely new thread is started, so you cannot subscribe via RSS to something that hasn’t been created yet.

Checking back every couple of weeks should be sufficient for this new player. Otherwise, firmware updates are usually released every 3 months or so.

OK so I’ll just resume my normal habbits of checking back on the forum once 1 week or so. They really should make an RSS or something like a kb article which has the firmware zip so everytime it’s updated we can download it without needing to check back every few weeks.

I agree; This is the 7th Sansa product I have purchased. I’ve had reliability issues with 2 of those (in fact, I had to return my previous Fuze because of the headphone jack problem, and replaced THAT replacement by purchasing this Fuze +. ) It’s attractive because of the potential quality vs. price, but the current lag, long start-up times, hangs, etc., make it unacceptable, regardless of price. The normal firmware update cycle is unacceptable because we’re not talking about tweaks, we’re talking about basic usability and functionality. I’ve been reluctant to go public with my complaints, but seriously, if you’re not a Sansa “fanboy,” how could you seriously recommend this product to anyone who wasn’t…“Oh, sure, it takes 3 minutes to start up, is completely unresponsive when you want to do something like play a specific song, but it looks pretty, and sounds great when it works, and I’m sure someday they will have an update that allows it to work half as well as a nano.” And the SD card is not an excuse; the prior Fuze didn’t take 3 minutes to boot. I hate to say it, but if you release a half-baked MP3 player for approximately $100 with the expectation it will work like it should in the future, you SHOULD get ripped. SANSA, you’re not my girlfriend…I don’t OWE you loyalty…FIX THIS!!!