Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 01.30.01

@msmusicmaker wrote:

I noticed after the firmware update, whenever I charge it or add new songs and disconnect, it will say “loading” and then it will freeze and go black. Then I have to reset it. Has anyone had this issue? It’s really annoying. 

It didn’t freeze, the backlight shut off while it’s still loading; touch controls won’t respond until it’s finished.  If you can afford to wait and watch it for 10 or 20 mintues you’ll eventually see the main screen come up (but navigation through any moderate sized library will be slow as hell).

I have complained about this previously, as it clearly tied to their known issue of problems with the Fuze+ managing library size.  It wouldn’t be completely horrible if the backlight would at least stay on so the user would know it’s still working.  Until these issues are fixed, my recommendation is to re-format the internal memory and install no updates.  At least the Fuze+ will be workable in how it handles the database.

And if Sansa developers and admins don’t like me giving that advice, tough.  You shouldn’t have put out a product this buggy so close to the holiday season.  A sect of consumers may love Sansa products but don’t overestimate your importance to them.  Consumer loyalties are pretty thin (unless they’re with Apple).