Sansa Connect 4GB

I, too can no longer recharge my Snsa Connect, so I have popped it open and discovered that the battery is a lithium ion 3.7v 800mAh battery with unusual contacts.

It is manufactured by a Chinese company and it is their model number “Everest.”

The part number  is 890200A00-544-N.

It may be possible to find a battery with the same dimensions and solder two wires to the terminals and then solder the wires to the existing terminals after removing the dead battery, making sure to observe the correct polarity.

Another possibility is to carefully drill a small hole above the four gold contacts, and wire an external battery to the outside case.

This won’t look pretty, but will allow you to continue using your Connect, practically forever!

Their may also be a way of reconditioning the original battery using a Maha reconditioner, or something similar.

Further research on the possibility of reconditioning Lithium Ion batteries may be necessary.

I also tried scanning the barcode with my Smartphone and it is not recognized (by two different apps!)

Good luck and if you make any progress, please report back here for others!

P.S. If you need an inexpensive replacement (with more features!) try www.tmart.com.

I have purchased their MP4 digital player as a backup. While it isn’t too user friendly, it is cheap enough!

FiOS-Dave