Sansa Connect 4GB

i recently purchased the sansa connect 4GB.

well, it looks good but i cant find any drivers on the website

i tried the connect device recovery ,the sansa updater install and the firmware update

but nothing works…

before i installed these,the system started reading the device when connected to the usb port.

but after these were installed the system just stopped reading the device

i am relly getting frustrated

The first thing to try when encountering USB recognition problems is to shut down the player completely (hold down power button for 8 seconds till it says “Shutting down”).  Then reconnect the player while it is still off.  Have patience while it displays all 5 balls, and finally connects (we hope).

P.S. This full shutdown to solve USB recognition problems also works with the Zune, which also goes into sleep like the Connect.

yeah…i’ve tried that but in vain…the system used to read the device before i installed the device recovery setup,the updater install and the firmware updater…but its not doing it now!!!

if i reinstall these, then i cant find any driver :frowning:

The only software that I’m aware of that should affect the Connect is the Sansa Connect Recovery Tool, which will wipe your player and install the latest firmware.  I’m not sure about the others you mention.

In any case, if you have WMP 10 or later installed, your system should recognize your Connect.  You don’t need anything else.  Possibly something you’ve done has interfered with MTP support on your system.

What OS are you using?  I don’t have Vista, but with XP, you can do a System Restore to the point before your system stopped recognizing your Connect.

i am using windows XP …not sure whether it is sp1 or sp2

but the wmp version is 9

i’ll try to install wmp 11

are you sure there are no drivers required to use the device?

also…can i use media monkey rather than wmp 10 or 11?

@vjr wrote:

i am using windows XP …not sure whether it is sp1 or sp2

but the wmp version is 9

i’ll try to install wmp 11

are you sure there are no drivers required to use the device?

The installation CD that came with the Sansa Connect only contained Yahoo Music Jukebox, which you don’t need to sync your Connect.  All it requires is an installation of MTP, which comes with WMP 10 or higher on XP, and comes with Vista by default.

@vjr wrote:
also…can i use media monkey rather than wmp 10 or 11?

You can, but only after you ensure that you have an MTP installation on your system.  The installation of MediaMonkey doesn’t install MTP.  To get MTP installed, you’ll need to install WMP 10 or higher.

There are also separate installation packages for MTP alone, but I can’t vouch for any of them.  Maybe someone else in this forum can.

thanq…u guys were of gr8 help

I have a sansa connect from 2007 it’s battery is losing its charge and I want to know if SanDisk will change the battery how much would it cost me.

Sandisk doesn’t do repairs. It’s not financially practical for them. Even if your player were relatively new and you sent it in for under-warranty “repair”, all they would really do is send you a replacement.

Assuming you don’t want to move on to something “newer and better”, you really only have two options:

1. Find another Connect (might be pretty hard, they’ve been discontinued for probably two years)

2. Find a battery and replace it yourself.

“I have a sansa connect from 2007 it’s battery is losing its charge and I want to know if SanDisk will change the battery how much would it cost me.”

Your Connect is done.  I’d say that changing your Connect’s battery is nearly impossible.

Here are pics of the Connect’s battery.  Yes, it’s got appendages with contacts.  Anyone who can change this is an electronic hero.  Slightly nuts for trying, but a hero nevertheless.

I, too can no longer recharge my Snsa Connect, so I have popped it open and discovered that the battery is a lithium ion 3.7v 800mAh battery with unusual contacts.

It is manufactured by a Chinese company and it is their model number “Everest.”

The part number  is 890200A00-544-N.

It may be possible to find a battery with the same dimensions and solder two wires to the terminals and then solder the wires to the existing terminals after removing the dead battery, making sure to observe the correct polarity.

Another possibility is to carefully drill a small hole above the four gold contacts, and wire an external battery to the outside case.

This won’t look pretty, but will allow you to continue using your Connect, practically forever!

Their may also be a way of reconditioning the original battery using a Maha reconditioner, or something similar.

Further research on the possibility of reconditioning Lithium Ion batteries may be necessary.

I also tried scanning the barcode with my Smartphone and it is not recognized (by two different apps!)

Good luck and if you make any progress, please report back here for others!

P.S. If you need an inexpensive replacement (with more features!) try www.tmart.com.

I have purchased their MP4 digital player as a backup. While it isn’t too user friendly, it is cheap enough!

FiOS-Dave

I bought a sansa connect  in 2009, also i also found battery is losing its charge and i search the intertnet then i found It is manufactured by a Chinese company , i donnt know if there are some other good suppliers can offer the similar product, recently i got one china mall online, pls help to check if the the website is reliable

/www.handgiftbox.com/