Sansa ClipZip Bugs

I just got the new Clip zip and have noticed 2 bugs.  The first one is any album in AAC format has all the tracks out of order.  Not sure what it is organizing by, because it has no sence to the order because it’s not alphabetical.  Another bug, if it is one also deals with AAC.  Mp3s play fine gapless, but i tested The Wall in folder view mode, and it has 1-2 second gap between songs in AAC format.  Mps are fine even in folder view mode.

Just thoght I would would report these.

New bug, Crashes when switching songs in shuffle mode.

@lostless wrote:

New bug, Crashes when switching songs in shuffle mode.

Which firmware do you have on it? I have the most recent and switching songs in shuffle mode causes me no trouble.

The most recent firmware.  Unit is now not turning on.

found the cause of the crash.  I have one AAC album encoded at 224kb/s VBR.  Every song there crashes.  New bug :neutral_face:

@lostless wrote:

found the cause of the crash.  I have one AAC album encoded at 224kb/s VBR.  Every song there crashes.  New bug :neutral_face:

What AAC encoder did you use?

Apples Itunes.  All other songs are fine (so far except the track order) just the one i did at the odd 224kbs crahes.

Solved the crash and track order.  The crash was from my album artwork. I guess it was too big.  Removed the artwork and no problem.  The track order was caused by the way double twist added the songs.  Added them manually and all is good.  Gapless with AAC is still an issue though.  Thank You

More random track crashing on some AAC files imported from itunes.  Bug still there.  Needs to be looked at.

@lostless wrote:

More random track crashing on some AAC files imported from itunes.  Bug still there.  Needs to be looked at.

This is a known issue with some AAC files. Yes, it is being looked at.

@lostless wrote:

can you post a link to a track you are having issues with so we can look at it?

Found out it is a album art issue.  Jut no way to tell which songs I have will cause the issue, other than the songs have large art files.

I’m posting my own song with 2 different arworks, 1 with the original and another with the artwork from a song that crashes which now causes this song to crash

The good one

http://members.cox.net/sdae/songgood.m4a

The bad one

http://members.cox.net/sdae/songbad.m4a

Resolution doesn’t seem to be an issue, just file size. It was said in another thread that album art larger than 100KB will cause problems.

Oh im aware of the file size, I have have other songs where the player just ignores the artwork if too large. Just for some reason, some artwork crashes.