Sansa Clip Zip Shutting Off Between Songs

Hello everyone!

I recently picked up a 4gb Clip Zip and have a SanDisk 32gb microSD inserted into the device where the music is located.  While playing music, at random times the device will just power down between songs and require a reset to power back on.  This happens even if the battery is close to full charge.

My music is saved as FLAC files that were both ripped from CD and recorded on my PC and encoded with dbPoweramp.  I use MediaMonkey to manage and transfer the files to the device. I’ve seen a couple of forums point to the ID tags maybe causing issues with the device, however I’m not sure exactly what to look for or how to change the tags if this were the case. 

Any help would be great as I would like to find out ASAP if I need to seek a replacement unit or not.  Thanks all!

Maybe u should take out the SD card and see if it works properly. I’m not quite sure about this one

Also, i think I’ve read somewhere that certain files may cause a device to not work properly. I’m not sure. Maybe you should stick with MP3s

You might try manuually reapplying the latest firmware (see the firmware sticky thread at the top of this forum), in case it’s simply a software glitch–that sometimes can be the case.

You might try manually reapplying the latest firmware (see the firmware sticky thread at the top of this forum), in case it’s simply a software glitch–that sometimes can be the case.

Is your card faster than class 4? Sandisk players typically have issues with cards faster than class 4.

If you install the alternative firmware Rockbox on the player, then class 10 cards should work fine as well.