Reply
Highlighted
Administrator
Posts: 563
Registered: ‎07-20-2007

Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15

[ Edited ]

Firmware is the software code that powers your Clip Zip. You can think of it as the operating system.  SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware.  For an optimal experience with your Clip Zip, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release.  It’s fast, easy, and free!


 
SanDisk has just released firmware version 01.01.15 for the Sansa Clip Zip. Download links and the release notes are available below.

 

Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.
 
Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below. 
 
MSC mode instructions:
  • Turn on the Clip Zip
  • Navigate to Settings on the menu of the device 
  • Scroll down to System Settings
  • Scroll Down to USB Mode
  • Select MSC


 Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15 Download and Installation instructions

Update using the Sansa Firmware Updater
For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download 
Manual Firmware Update (Download and Instructions)
Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
 
• Remove any external card from the Clip Zip before performing firmware update
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full. 
• Plug in your Sansa Clip Zip to your computer. 
• Extract the clpza.bin file from the .zip file you just downloaded into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Clip Zip. 
• Disconnect the Sansa Clip Zip and let the firmware update begin. 
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off. 
• Turn the Clip Zip on, Select your language and region preference 
• Once its back to the main menu, head to "Settings" >"System Settings"> "Info", and verify the "Version" is now 01.01.15"x".



                    Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15 Release Notes

 

This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below, as well as enhancements. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process.  If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again to restart. 

 

 

Enhancements

 

  • System Settings is moved to the top for easy access
  • Volume button function is enabled when device is in Locked state
  • Play Previous is added to Music menu for music playback resume
  • Play/Pause icon visibility is improved during FM recording playback

 

  

Bugs Fixed

 

  • Static noise is heard between some song changes
  • Notification messages cause device to freeze while plugged in AC adaptor
  • Non-music files show up on device when transferring M4A songs using Mac
  • Add to Go List message shows up when press and holding on Shuffle List
  • Device hangs if backlight is timed out during Date and Time adjustment

 

 

Known Issues

 

  • Pressing Back button does not return to previous list when playing an album after first song is played (Work around:  User can go to Music menu and follow the highlighted choices to go back to previous list)
  • AAC files encoded with Microsoft mp4-2 variable bit rate cannot be played (Work around:  User can use different encoder or encode songs to different supporting formats)
Highlighted
Newbie
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎08-31-2011

Re: Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15

HI,

Thanks for the new version.

Can I change the letter already to the G format , to remove the radio?

 I would really appreciate it.

 

 

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,460
Registered: ‎12-27-2008

Re: Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15

[ Edited ]

@UbTapes wrote:

HI,

Thanks for the new version.

Can I change the letter already to the G format , to remove the radio?

 I would really appreciate it.

 

 



Try it and see, but I'm guessing it doesn't have what you want. You only requested that "feature" four days ago, and this firmware was released three days ago. Not to mention, the admin told you there was no ETA on when it could be added. Knowing they were about to release an update THE NEXT DAY, he probably would have said "in the next firmware".

Highlighted
Newbie
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎07-19-2008

Re: Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15

Thanks again for the upgraded firmware. 

 

I've just updated the firmware and I have discovered a problem in 01.01.15 and 01.01.12 firmware.  I have used a SlotCard and a Transcend 32GB class 4 card and the player repetitively hangs on "Refreshing your media."  Both cards play and refresh well in Sansa Fuze and Clip+.  Any one else have this problem? If I don't get this resolved, I will have to return Clip Zip.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 8,152
Registered: ‎12-11-2007

Re: Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15

Have had no issue whatsoever with my 16GB Kingston microSD card. 

 

You might try reformatting your card with the SD Association's formatter tool, and see if that helps--sometimes it does.

 

https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

 

And you're allowing sufficient time for the refresh, right?  (I assume you are, with your SanDisk player experience.)  It can take quite awhile, and especially at first and with a 32GB card, the refresh bar may seem "stuck." 

 

If that doesn't work, I wonder if there's a defect with your player (especially if SanDisk's own slot card isn't working).  Best to call SanDisk for assistance, then?

 

In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,315
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15

[ Edited ]

@TheRockies wrote:

  I have used a SlotCard and a Transcend 32GB class 4 card and the player repetitively hangs on "Refreshing your media."  Both cards play and refresh well in Sansa Fuze and Clip+.  Any one else have this problem? If I don't get this resolved, I will have to return Clip Zip.


I have had no problems with either 16GB or a 32GB SanDisk cards, nor a SlotRadio card.

Highlighted
Newbie
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎07-19-2008

Re: Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15

Found the solution!  After stating my problem with "Refreshing your media" causing my ClipZip to hang and reading your responses, it dawned on me the problem can't be the SlotCard or the empty Transcend SDHC card as they continue to work well on my previous Sansa products.  Since refreshing the media is a database function, I decided to reformat the ClipZip using its menu and now it completes the refresh cycle. 

 

Thanks for the collective effort that led to some good ole root cause analysis!  :-)

Highlighted
Newbie
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎09-06-2011

Re: Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15

Boy, I'm really glad they had an update. I was getting the static between songs, which this update fixes, and it was very annoying.

 

I hope my new Clip Zip's jack for the earphones last longer than either my original E280 or my Sansa Fuze+. I decided to downgrade to just simply an mp3 player.

 

-LBA

Highlighted
GPH
Newbie
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎09-01-2011

Re: Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15

I an trying to use a 32GB SanDisk class 4 cards with my Clip Zip.  If I put more than 2-3GB of content on the card the player hangs on "Refreshing your media".  The progress bar only gets to about 35% or so and then the screen goes dark and even if you wait an hour for the refresh to finish it never does.  You then have to do a hard reset to start the player again.  If you have not removed the card before you do this the whole problem starts again and you are stuck in an endless loop until you remove the card.  

 

I tried this on 2 different 4gb Clip Zips and had the same problem with both.  Card is essentailly useless at this point.  I have spent over four hours with SanDisk online support on this issue, but have not gotten them to take owenrship of the issue yet.  They want me to get another memory card to test.  The nerve of them!

 

I am using the 01.01.15 firmware and it made no difference with this problem.  It failed with the new and the old firmware.

 

My files are a mix of m4a and mp3 with some having data rates up to 384kbps.  The player could not handle the m4a's with greater than 320kbps data rates.  They play fine until the screen goes dark and then they degrade to unlistenable.  These files all played fine on my iPod Shuffle.  These two issues have me disappointed in the Clip Zip so far.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,676
Registered: ‎12-04-2008

Re: Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.15


@GPH wrote:

I an trying to use a 32GB SanDisk class 4 cards with my Clip Zip.  If I put more than 2-3GB of content on the card the player hangs on "Refreshing your media".  The progress bar only gets to about 35% or so and then the screen goes dark and even if you wait an hour for the refresh to finish it never does.  You then have to do a hard reset to start the player again.  If you have not removed the card before you do this the whole problem starts again and you are stuck in an endless loop until you remove the card.  

 

I tried this on 2 different 4gb Clip Zips and had the same problem with both.  Card is essentailly useless at this point.  I have spent over four hours with SanDisk online support on this issue, but have not gotten them to take owenrship of the issue yet.  They want me to get another memory card to test.  The nerve of them!

 

I am using the 01.01.15 firmware and it made no difference with this problem.  It failed with the new and the old firmware.

 

My files are a mix of m4a and mp3 with some having data rates up to 384kbps.  The player could not handle the m4a's with greater than 320kbps data rates.  They play fine until the screen goes dark and then they degrade to unlistenable.  These files all played fine on my iPod Shuffle.  These two issues have me disappointed in the Clip Zip so far.


I would guess there is a problem with a file. Run the checkdsk utility on your computer and scan your files if there is a corruption fix it. Every player is different so some corruptions will cause a hang on your CZ while not on an iPud. 

 

Something else to consider is that the card (If its new and un tested could be bad. The odds of 2 bad cards are miniscule but could happen.


Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base