08-24-2011 10:57 AM - edited 08-24-2011 01:02 PM
Firmware is the software code that powers your Clip Zip. You can think of it as the operating system. SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware. For an optimal experience with your Clip Zip, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release. It’s fast, easy, and free!
The Sansa Clip Zip ships with firmware version 01.01.12. To Reload your firmware please use the manual firmware insalation instructions below.
Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.
Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below.
MSC mode instructions:
Sansa Clip Zip Firmware 01.01.12 Download and Installation instructions
Manual Firmware Update (Download and Instructions)
Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
• Remove any external card from the Clip Zip before performing firmware update
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Plug in your Sansa Clip Zip to your computer.
• Extract the clpza.bin file from the .zip file you just downloaded into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Clip Zip.
• Disconnect the Sansa Clip Zip and let the firmware update begin.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Clip Zip on, Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to "Settings" >"System Settings"> "Info", and verify the "Version" is now 01.01.12"x".
08-24-2011 11:12 AM
I think you have a typo in the download link, should be:
BTW, nice to see its still the (fantastic) Clip+ hardware inside
08-24-2011 12:54 PM
Note that, after applying the firmware, you will need to re-set some of your player's settings, if changed from the default. E.g. FM presets, USB mode, 12-24 hour time.
08-31-2011 12:58 PM
I got the new Sansa Clip Zip from sandisk today. Its very cool I love it
I also downloaded the Zip firmware, and i am trying to remove the radio as i did on my sansa Clip+ with the clpp.bin
I changed the clpza = to clpzg to remove it , but it dosent work the same as all other firmware did .I tried G=P=S but none work
I would appreciate any help!
08-31-2011 01:22 PM
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base
08-31-2011 03:53 PM
Thanks for the reply,
I know this, but I am looking for a real solution, its too easy to turn it back on
We are selling it to communites were radio is not allowed! so I need a permanant solution or something like the clppg.bin which we had for the sansa clip +
Is there a more effective solution for that?
I would appreciate any help
08-31-2011 06:21 PM
Pleasepleaseplease add back in the elapsed time for a track along with track no./total track listing like in the old Clip/Clip+.