01-24-2011 01:17 PM
Hardware: Sandisk Sansa m260
When I copy files over ( from a PC runnning Ubuntu 10.10 ) to my Sansa m260 each track is listed multiple times. When I look at the contents with my file explorer on my PC I see only one copy of each track.
I tried deleting all files and starting over again on a fresh battery. No luck
Any idea what this is about and what I can do about it?
Thanks in advnace
02-05-2011 08:38 AM - edited 02-05-2011 08:50 AM
Fixed. I don't know how, but I thought I would post what I did in case someone in the future has the same problem.
1. I went to Settings | USB I chose "Auto"
2. I turned the player off and connected it to my computer
3. I looked at the player under Nautilus ( the equivalent of File Explorer for Windows ) with "view hidden files" enabled
4. I deleted miscellaneous files in some hidden directories, leaving the directory structure intact
5. I disconnected the player from my computer
6. I turned on my player, switched to MSC mode ( see step 1 ), turned it off and connected it to my computer
7. I repeated steps 3,4,5
8. I connected the player to my computer, the player shut off. I then copied one set of files over No duplicate files anymore.