Sandisk Sansa Zip Clip Refreshing Media Everytime Turned On

For some reason my Sandisk Sansa Zip Clip has started to refresh media every time turned it is turned on. This takes well over 10 minutes due to the amount of muisic on it so it is doing my head in!

Has anyone else h ad this problem?

Yes, I am having this problem also and have not found a solution. Someone else had a loose card that was causing it but my player does not have a card. When it refreshes the media it also wipes all my settings to default, shuffle, EQ, volume, etc. very annoying.

@jbcleere wrote:

Yes, I am having this problem also and have not found a solution. Someone else had a loose card that was causing it but my player does not have a card. _ When it refreshes the media it also wipes all my settings to default, shuffle, EQ, volume, etc. _ very annoying.

This is not indicative of how it is supposed to work. If the player is still under warranty, I suggest contacting SanDisk about a possible warranty replacement.

Every time I turn on the player, it must “refresh its memory”. I use a Sandisk 32 GB micro SD card to store my music and used about 1/2 of its capacity. The process takes about 30-45 minutes to complete. Then, if I pause my music for just about any length of time, the player turns off and must “refresh” it’s memory again…30-45 minutes later, I am able to play music again. I have tried formatting the player,updating the firmware, and reloading the card. The problem still exists. Very annoying. 

My reply just above yours applies to you as well.

I know this is an old thread but I am having this problem as well.  It is deleting my radio presets every time I turn it off and on because it says it is refreshing my media.  I realize that a lot of time has been devoted to this topic on this forum but there doesn’t seem to be any answer.  If my unit is not still under warranty, is there anything else I can try to fix this?  It’s kind of irritating to have to keep resetting the presets.  Isn’t that the whole point of presets - so I don’t have to keep resetting them!  Any suggestions at all other than warranty, which mine no longer is covered by?  Thank you.

You also posted this in the Fuze+ board. Which player do you have, a Zip of Fuze+? :confounded:

You can try manually re-applying the firmware in case there is a glitch somewhere that is causing this, but if it doesn’t help and your player in out of warranty, there’s nothing more to do than buy a new one.

Thanks.  Yes sorry for the double post.  I have the Zip Clip.  I have never downloaded any Firmware to this unit.  Do you know what Firmware I could try loading that might potentially fix this problem and how would I do that - just drag the file like I was dragging a music file?  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  I guess I can live without resetting my presets everytime I turn it on but the radio presets are nicer than having to scan through the radio stations.   

Thanks for your help.

Updating the firmware might solve the problem; to be honest I’ve never heard of this scenario. You can dowload the latest firmware update for the Firmware threqad at the top of the board, extract it (from its .zip form) and simply drag and drop it onto your player’s root directory (uppermost file structure). Unplug the player and it will install the update.

Found a lot having problems with this. I was too. Found no real solutions here other than getting a new one.

I read the manual and it described resetting the Sansa Clip. I fixed my problem by resetting the Sansa Clip. Hold the power button for 20 seconds. Started it and the problem was gone. 

I’m have the problem with constant refreshing. It doesn’t matter if the card is in or out. The advice here is to upload firmware, but when I click on the link, the only firmware available  is a user’s manual. 

Any suggestions appreciated. I’m not a tech wiz, so the clearer the suggestion the better.

Thanks

Are you sure you’re looking in the right place for the firmware?  Here’s the Zip firmware thread with the needed instructions, and the download link is the second one there–the one that says, “Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download”.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Zip/Sansa-Clip-Zip-Firmware-01-01-21/td-p/297767

1 Like