SD Card problems

@edembowski wrote:

I just got my Express, and I inserted a newly formatted microSD card (2gb). The card is not recognised by the player and is not visible when I connect the device to the PC in MTP mode. When I connect in MSC mode, I can add music files, delete music files and reformat the card, but no matter what the player will not see it. When I connect in MTP mode, only the internal storage is visible Has anyone else seen this problem?

1gb Sansa Express firmware 01.01.12 

A-Data microSD card

• Ed

You may have multiple problems. You will need to try a few things to narrow down the problem.

If you are having problems connecting in MTP mode you should uninstall and then reinstall Windows Media Player, either Version 10 or 11, to ensure that your MTP drivers are up to date.

Did you format the card as FAT 32? If not, try FAT 32 and then insert the blank card into the Express. Check the system information on the player to check if the Express is showing the external memory.

Try using a card reader to place a few test files on your micro SD card and then transfer the card to your Express. That should at least show if the card is ok or if the Express is the problem.

The last item is to test your player with a Sandisk brand card. See the attached thread. It certainly seems to imply that non-Sandisk brand cards are hit-or-miss with the Express.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=1130