Highlighted

Re: SANDISK 6 GB microSD and a one problem with playter

kennyj:

can you confirm the exact make and model of your SDHC card that works with the SE ?

Did you test it to make sure it is able to ready every single megabyte on that card, not just part of it ?

Were there any instability problems ?

Which firmware do you have ?

Thanks !

You DON'T have to use SanDisk brand microSD cards!!! I'm using a Patriot brand 1 gig microSD card in my 2GB SanDisk Express RIGHT NOW!!! The day SanDisk changes its policyt to SanDisk-brand microSD only is the I stop buying from them!!!

More importantly than the brand...

what about the size ?

I ask again, like so many others here:

Why can't we use 4 GB cards when other Sandisk players running RockBox can use them ?
SanDisk Fanatic

You should be able to use 4G SDHC microSD cards on Express regardless of the brand.  I have a 2G Express and putting on a 4G micro and they are working fine.  I have not tried other bigger cards since I think 6G is enough music to bore me to death Smiley Happy

Are you SURE about the 4GB ?

Can you access all 4GB on the card ?

Or just the first 2GB, as some other people have said ?

Does it cause instability with your device ?

This is important, since I already placed an order for a 2GB and I would have to change my order soon !

Thanks !
SanDisk Fanatic

If anyone has problem with SDHC microSD...try the device as MSC mode to see if that will help...here is the step from Captain_Morgan on how to get into that mode:

Open the Device Manager, right click on the Express, Update Driver, "No, not at this time.", Next, "Install from a list or specific location.", Next, "Don't search.  I will choose the driver to install.", Next,  "USB Mass Storage Device", Next......

When you want it back in MTP mode, just do the same as above, but choose MTP Device.