Rockbox

[ Edited ]

Does SanDisk want to sponsor us rockbox developers with a Fuze+ ?

Someone from SanDisk already sent us an e200v1 4 years ago, it'd be great to renew that experience!

Thanks

rockbox developer
clipv1 1GB, clipv2 2GB, clip+ 4GB
fuzev1 4GB, fuzev2 8GB, c200v2 2GB

Re: Rockbox

Please SanDisk, do whatever you can to support the Rockbox Developers.

I have a Fuze v2 (with an 8GB uSDHC card for music) which I use primarily for listening to Old Time Radio.  While the Fuze's standard firmware is not bad for supporting OTR, the Rockbox firmware turned the Fuze from a good OTR player into a really great OTR player.  I would never buy another SandDisk player which would not support Rockbox.

The Rockbox features which I like most are:

Multiple bookmarks per directory.

True sleep timer which shuts off player even if it is not idle.

The ability to keep the 10 most recent bookmarks quickly accessible from the main menu.

Support for switching to Mono to support listening with one earphone when driving (in CA one ear must remain open.)

Thank you SanDisk for a good player.

Thank you Rockbox developer for turning a good player into the best player for OTR.

Verne Tice

[ Edited ]

It's been a while since I used my Fuze - I was fed up with no gapless and I'd got a live recording several months ago at 24bit/96kHz that it wouldn't play - that was disappointing, as I'd copied it on quickly before travelling, no time to check it. So I used my Fuze once when travelling - for a few seconds Smiley Sad

But I just put Rockbox on my Fuze (v1) - top notch! Gapless play at last and also plays that same 24bit/96kHz recording straight off - I should have done it months ago. Thank you Rockbox developers.

So Sansa - help the Rockbox developers for all your products! You have nothing to lose, and only happier customers to gain Smiley Happy

SanDisk Guru

Rockbox opens up the full potential of the hardware. There is a learning curve associated with it, but it's well worth it.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk User

I have to agree, Sandisk really should help rockbox the fuze+ it would insure I buy a few of them myself and recomend them to other people i know.
SanDisk Professor

That's right. I myself have sold in my school about 7 Clip+s and 5 Fuzes, solely because of the ability to run rockbox. Please provide them with everything they need , including; a player, datasheets, ect.

Thanks a lot! 

SanDisk Guru

@yelped wrote:

That's right. I myself have sold in my school about 7 Clip+s and 5 Fuzes, solely because of the ability to run rockbox.

A dealer ...   "Pssst, kid--you wanna buy a Rockboxed Clip?"

Smiley Wink

SanDisk Professor

[ Edited ]

Actually, I never went around selling them. In fact, I never actually sold one myself. They just saw me using it, and they were all over it, wanting to know what it was, and they bought it themselves and loaded Rockbox onto it. And obviously it keeps spreading this way. 

Edit: (Addressed to Funm4n) By the way, why didn't you use the same name you have in the Rockbox forums i.e. "Funman"?

I don't remember my password for the 'funman' account and the password reset for this new forum is buggy

rockbox developer
clipv1 1GB, clipv2 2GB, clip+ 4GB
fuzev1 4GB, fuzev2 8GB, c200v2 2GB
SanDisk Professor

[ Edited ]

Oh. I hope someone from SanDisk responds tomorrow, today they're still off (Labor Day).