Rockbox Download

I screwed up. I lost my E250 v1 that was working perfectly for a year or so…

Ordered a E260 with 4GB and would like to install Rockbox again. I assume I’d want the E200 v2 build? I haven’t received the player yet. Is there such a thing as an E260 v1? Thanks!

@bruiser13 wrote:

I screwed up. I lost my E250 v1 that was working perfectly for a year or so…

Ordered a E260 with 4GB and would like to install Rockbox again. I assume I’d want the E200 v2 build? I haven’t received the player yet. Is there such a thing as an E260 v1? Thanks!

There certainly is. Better wait 'till you get it and see which version it is.

I basically the same problem. But what ever you do, DO NOT FORMAT IT TO NTFS! Been there done that. Had a heck of a time trying to get it back to Fat32. So What I did was, Make a blank notepad document and saved it as sansa.fmt, then put the E250v1 in recovery mode, draged the sansa.fmt on to it, right click on the MP3 player in my computer, clicked eject then unplugged it, it was working like new. I’ll be sure not to pull that mistake again

I installed Rockbox 3.7 and seemed to go ok. For one of the folders, however, the Database doesn’t seem to update properly, showing only 4 of the 125 songs. I initialized the database, checked to autoupdate and the other files seem fine.

How are your ID3 tags on those not appearing? I believe even Rockbox in it’s database mode, uses ID3 tags to populate the list.

Thanks. Yes, the tags were different than I had thought they were and solved that problem.

Question: What settings would be best to conserve battery power? My previous e250r had a significantlty longer battery life. Any ideas? Thanks again!