Rhapsody download for new clipzip

Purchased yesterday and the disk info says the download is the only way to activate all of the features on player. If my player has the latest firmware is this necessary?

By “all” the features they mean Rhapsody. But you don’t need it; the player works just fine without it and on its own.

Rhapsody and  latest Windos Media player are needed for protected music and I believe for trouble free playlists. However, it really isn’t much trouble to make playlists by other means, I like winamp but there are others.

The general wisdom is if you aren’t using purchased, protected music, set the player to MSC mode and use windows explorer to drag and drop or copy music either to the music folder of the unit or to a micro card. For albums just drag the complete album. I confine by folder levels to just the top level but nesting is possible. For best results use mp3tag or similar to correctly tag all the files.

If a playlist is created in Winamp will the correct order be retained when transfered to the Sandisk?

Yes, you can check and edit the playlist with a text editor, but as I recall it should list in the same order it’s displayed in the playlist window. Make sure you save to the music folder or micro card.

@dave61430 wrote:

Rhapsody and  latest Windos Media player are needed for protected music and I believe for trouble free playlists.

Rhapsody is only needed for Rhapsody music/protected files; it is not needed for other protected music and files, such as Overdrive library files.  Likewise as to Windows Media Player.