03-10-2011 12:44 AM
How do I refresh the database other than turning the player off then on again?
Because when I do that, the files do not refresh. I edit their tags in Mp3Tag, yet it doesn't change after I have restarted the player?
Any thoughts, queries, issues, problems, contemplations?
03-10-2011 07:07 AM
I've noticed this problem. The only solution I've found is to (in this order)
1) Love the files to be retagged off the device.
2) Disconnect the Fuze+, the database will refresh.
3) Edit the tags with the fils on your computer rather than on the device.
4) Put the files back on the Fuze+.
5) Disconnect, and it will refresh again, this time with the tracks tagged properly.
I feel like we should be able to delete one file off the device and it should just cause the database to force a refresh (maybe you can??? someone let us know!) I also suggested in the features and feedback request thread to add a "force database refresh" option on the device itself. So far this hasn't happened, but maybe it will in the future.
03-15-2011 03:05 PM
Yes, you can. Here is my process:
1) Make sure your computer is set to show hidden files.
2) Connect the device in MSC Mode.
3) Delete all of the *.dat files off the device.
5) Open up a game of some type while you wait for the thing to refresh.
This will force the device to "forget" what songs are on it, and reload everything. Note: this will not delete any of your songs, videos, pics, ect. or the player settings.
Tired of the Sansa Media Converter? Try Video4Fuze! It can create smaller videos than SMC, and is WAY more reliable!!!!