Recently Added really isn't

I loaded a bunch of Rhapsody songs and then a non-DRM LP to my ClipZip.  What I noticed is that the new stuff does not show up in “Recently Added”.  Seems like a bug to me.

Paul

You mean you really use this “feature”, or are you just looking for bugs?

I use this feature to quickly access new material.  It worked previously on my Clip +.

One other thing I miss is the artist bio information that I could see on my Clip +.  Is this really missing on the Clip Zip?

@tokadap wrote:

I use this feature to quickly access new material.  It worked previously on my Clip +.

One other thing I miss is the artist bio information that I could see on my Clip +.  Is this really missing on the Clip Zip?

I have _ no _ idea what that is, either on the Zip or the Clip+. Unless you’re talking about the file information; that’s still there.

The Artist Information files from Rhapsody may be part of the problem, as they appear to be doing something differently with them.  Running with the Fuze+, the Rhapsody information is stored in the root directory, including the Channels Playlists, so I have a handy location to peek at them (rather than in the reserved partition).

On the Fuze+, I was irked with the Aritst information being displayed as a single “dot” or period.  The Information files are indexed to each album via a five-digit code, and the files contain a single “period”.  I first thought that the Fuze+ might be truncating the data, only to discover that we see the same thing with the e200  files (which are hidden).

I will have to do some sleuthing with the folks at Rhapsody, as it appears that the information we normally see when playing music files within the Rhapsody client aren’t being sent to the device.  As a control, I had a look at the information on the e200, and the artist information fields are empty as well.

The Artist Information function has not been implemented on the Clip Zip as yet; this was previously accessed by the (rotating function) center button.  Presently, all this function does is blank the track data so you can see the full album art.

I really like the artist information function, it’s fun to browse when listening to new music.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Bob,

Thanks for the detailed analysis.  I’ll just wait to see how things work out.  I’m really enjoying my Clip Zip.  I appreciate that Sandisk has this forum and that they take action.

Paul