Questions on the Fuze+

1. If the power dock and car charger have a USB cable then you should be able to use the cable that comes with the Fuze+ and plug into the USB port no problem
  2. Yes but slightly thicker

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

“The external dimensions are approximatively 2.5” x 1.5" x 1/4" "

The Fuze dimensions are listed as 3.1 x 1.9 x 0.3 inches, so the Fuze+ is smaller than the Fuze in all three dimensions? The Fuze is lasted as being 2.1 ounces. Is the Fuze+ lighter or heavier than this?

@jk98 wrote:

The Fuze dimensions are listed as 3.1 x 1.9 x 0.3 inches, so the Fuze+ is smaller than the Fuze in all three dimensions? The Fuze is lasted as being 2.1 ounces. Is the Fuze+ lighter or heavier than this?

The Fuze+ certainly looks larger than the original Fuze in the promo videos, especially when seen in someone’s hand. It also has a larger screen, so I doubt it can be smaller.

““The external dimensions are approximatively 2.5” x 1.5” x 1/4" "

Those do not seem correct. I found this in a review

“As far as size goes, the Fuze+ measures 2 inches wide, 3.75 inches tall, and around a third of an inch thick–”

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20015127-1.html

@slotmonsta wrote:

1. The Fuze+ has audio quality similar to the Fuze

Similar in general, or similar as in similar AMS DAC/amp as the Fuze?

Would you be able to play Digital Copy movies or not?

Thanks a lot JUST WHAT I NEEDED TO KNOW!!!Thank you slotmonsta!!

and btw this is the product I’m talking about 

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powerduosansa

So I’ll be able to plug the Fuze+ with the cable that comes with the Fuze+ to this and work fine?GREAT!!Thanks again :slight_smile:

TC,

SR

“”“The external dimensions are approximatively 2.5” x 1.5" x 1/4" "

Those clearly aren’t the Fuze+ dimensions. You have me thinking that we might soon see a new player from Sandisk with these dimensions. I hope so. As others indicated, the Fuze+ seems to be a successor to the View, Some of us want a player without video that has a larger screen and longer battery life than the Clip+ and that has a built in clip as well as a card slot.

@jk98 wrote:

My original statement was not correct the actual dimensions are approximently 3.82” x 2.03” x 0.43”**  . I have updated my post. Sorry for the confusion. **

As far as weight goes they are just about the same. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

@silverwolf wrote:

Would you be able to play Digital Copy movies or not?

As long as the movie is not protected and can be converted to the video specs for the Fuze+ then yes it will play them. Keep in mind the Fuze+ does not require the SMC. Any video converter of your choice can be used. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

Can you create actual playlists on the Fuze+ or are stuck using the GoList like on the Fuze?

I don’t own a Fuze+ (very few people, if any, do yet), but you aren’t"stuck with the GoList" on the Fuze. There are a number of ways to create playlists (just use the search box at the top of the page to find topics on the subject), it’s just that the GoList is the only built-in way.

So, finally something new from Sansa. The main question for me is: when will it be possible to purchase the Fuze+ in Europe?

I have found the US online-shop, but there ist no possibility to ship it to Germany, will this be added at some point? I certainly hope so, because my Sansa E280 is getting problems. I have been absolutely satisfied with it and would really like to get my hands on the new Fuze+, but there is no chance :cry:

The Fuze+ might make it to Europe before the end of the year. It seems like Sandisk wants to have US stores stocked with plenty of inventory before they release the new model in Europe.

There are US merchants that ship worldwide such as B&H Photo in NYC, however their shipping cost to destinations outside the US is quite expensive for just one item. It might pay to order from the US if you can get together with a few friends and place one  order together for several items, as the shipping cost per item will be much less that way.

@brids wrote:

So, finally something new from Sansa. The main question for me is: when will it be possible to purchase the Fuze+ in Europe?

Without a doubt, the Fuze+ will be marketed in Europe too. That’s a huge market for SanDisk. You’ll just have to be patient as to when. They were just released here in the States a few days ago, and are as we speak (or type) getting into the hands of the first people who ordered them. I’m sure they’ll be over in Deutschland for the Weihnachten selling season. :wink:

Oh, I really hope that they will make it to Germany before Christmas. Only thing is, the IFA, one of the biggest fairs for new technologies was held just last week and I wondered if maybe, the Fuze+ was shown there, but I couldn’t find anything about that. :cry: Instead, all kinds of 3D TVs and stuff was shown :wink:

So, I’ll be patient and hope that my E280 keeps it up while I am waiting.

@brids wrote:

Oh, I really hope that they will make it to Germany before Christmas.

They most likely will.  It was the same with the clip+.

Sandisk is going full steam ahead with this player.   Retailers here weren’t scheduled to sell them until the beginning of next week, and Best Buy already has a couple of models for sale at their stores.  And Amazon already has it for pre-order.  There’s another online store that has it at a lower price, but it looks like it’s a pre-order.

The timing is perfect for sales now:  now that Apple has announced its Fall lineup, people can compare models and make intelligent decisions.

@miikerman wrote:

The timing is perfect for sales now:  now that Apple has announced its Fall lineup, people can compare models and make intelligent decisions.

Fixed!

Sorry, I couldn’t resist! :smileyvery-happy:

“The timing is perfect for sales now: now that Apple has announced its Fall lineup, people can compare models and make intelligent decisions.”

It’s interesting that Apple took away video from the latest Nano, while Sandisk improved the video in going from the  Fuze to  the Fuze+. .

Now Sandisk needs an audio only player with a larger screen than the Clip+(hopefully a very low power one that can be on all the time while the player is playing), longer battery life(more than 24 hours),a card slot(preferably a full sized SDXC one), and a built in clip.