Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Questions About New Clip Zip

I do think, having "lived through" the original Clip years, that continued development of firmware, adding new options and features and perfecting/tweaking others, while still fixing bugs, adds to the excitement of a player and extends its marketing life and popularity, it seems to me--would love to see SanDisk adopting that approach here. 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

What about replay gain? Is everything the same as the Clip+ in that area?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@color43 wrote:

What about replay gain? Is everything the same as the Clip+ in that area?

It works just fine for me with my foobar-scanned files.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Can you leave the display on when it is plugged into an external power source?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

I suppose you could but I leave it set the same when its plugged in as it is disconnected.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

Does Clip Zip still scans for files after usb unplugging? Eg i copy 5000 tracks, should I wait 15 mins like it's predecesors?

Clip 8GB v2 Silver / Clip+ 8GB Black + Fiio E5 + KSC75 + IE8
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@icsterm wrote:

Does Clip Zip still scans for files after usb unplugging? Eg i copy 5000 tracks, should I wait 15 mins like it's predecesors?

Clip Zip now loaded with MP3's, 6.96GB on the internal, 14.8GB on a class 2 16GB card. Still flies through menus, and the refresh time just now was 2:53.6.....two minutes, fifty-three point six seconds. Of course, YMMV with regards to the refresh time, depending on your tagging practices. That is 2,685 songs, average bitrate of the lot is 233kbps.

The same tracks on the Clip+ results in a refresh time of 3:20.8.....three minutes, twenty point eight seconds.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

What does the screen look like when playing podcasts?

Now that the Clip Zip allows customizing the menu, the next step is to allow customization of what the screen displays and how large each item is displayed. 

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Answering what I know your question is Smiley Wink , with podcasts, there is a progress bar and then below that and to the left, the time elapsed, and to the right, the time remaining. No reason, although the space is tight, why this couldn't likewise be done on the music what's playing screen (along with the current track no./total track no. info.) in a firmware upgrade, especially if people ask for it here--SanDisk listens!   Smiley Wink

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

It was decided that the time displays were important for podasts, and I have to agree with that.  As for music, with the current display, there is a progress bar, but no time display.

With Rhapsody enabled on the device, song ratings will display below the progress bar.

Personally, I think it's time to make use of the center-button display function as with the previous Clips, allowing a rotation between track time / ratings / the progress bar, et cetera.  The best of all worlds, actually.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy