Player starts but just refreshes start screen

Hi, as above, player refreshes start screen twice and then just sits on it. I’ve tried doing the hold start and menu button thing to reset it but zip. The only thing I can do is hold the on/off button for about 10 seconds to shut it off. PC no longer sees it so can’t run firmware update either. Is this toast?

Thanks in advance for help.

Try giving it a long charge with a usb cell phone charger.

Thanks for the reply but tried that too. It just stays illuminated on the startup screen and does nothing else.

Hi, after 26 month I have exactly the same issue: bootscreen-freeze and not detected by PC (Win 7 or XP)…: no guarantee anymore. Befor that it didn’t play the songs correctly and I hoped that a firmware-update tofrom 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 would help.

Thanks for any idea.

Cheers, Afrika

You might try:  letting the player fully discharge and then shut down, and then plug it into power and let it charge again, and then try starting it up.  Note that it sometimes can take a day or 2 to trickle-charge in this scenario, so you may need to give it some time.  Good luck!

Thanks,

I made battery completely empty already.

Then I charged it again via power supply unit but not via PC. Do you think this makes a difference?

As soon as it gets power the splash-screen pops up twice and remains with the bootscreenlogo. It is “on” but not accessable…