PLEASE HELP! My c250 is not recognized by WMP11

Hi guys…

My friend gave me his c250 and while my PC recognizes it when I plug it in, WMP11 does NOT, so therefore it won’t “un-gray” the SYNC NOW button after I drag songs into the playlist box. 

I’ve checked and it says no new firmware available, so I assume it has the latest.  My friend didn’t give me any software for my PC (do I need any?).

The Sansa DOES show CONNECTED when plugged in.

After I plug in the Sansa, my PC keeps telling me “The software that suports your device requires that you restart your computer.”  and it says this every time I plug the Sansa in, no matter how many times my PC is restarted.  I restarted it twice yesterday, and still today, when I plug the Sansa in again, the same message comes up.

Any ideas how to make this work?

Thank you very much!!

This is what I would do. First make sure that you have the player plugged into a powered usb port. If the player is plugged into an unpowered usb port then you may have issues with the player being detected. With the player connected to your computer right click on my computer and select manage. That will open the computer management utility. On the left hand side click on the device manager. If your player is not installed properly it may be listed with a yellow question mark beside it. If the player is showing with a question mark right click on the player and uninstall it. After uninstalling the player restart your pc. Is the player detected properly now? If it is not detected properly then it may be an issue with the mtp driver on your pc. You can either go to microsoft.com and download the mtp porting kit. But first try this update here which updates the windows media digital rights management.

kb891122
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891122

[[On the left hand side click on the device manager. If your player is not installed properly it may be listed with a yellow question mark beside it.]]

Yes… this is what happens.

Thank you!  I will try your suggestions!

chisao wrote:
Hi guys…

My friend gave me his c250 and while my PC recognizes it when I plug it in, WMP11 does NOT, so therefore it won’t “un-gray” the SYNC NOW button after I drag songs into the playlist box. 

I’ve checked and it says no new firmware available, so I assume it has the latest.  My friend didn’t give me any software for my PC (do I need any?).

The Sansa DOES show CONNECTED when plugged in.

After I plug in the Sansa, my PC keeps telling me “The software that supports your device requires that you restart your computer.”  and it says this every time I plug the Sansa in, no matter how many times my PC is restarted.  I restarted it twice yesterday, and still today, when I plug the Sansa in again, the same message comes up.

Any ideas how to make this work?

Thank you very much!!

what is your OS and service pack level?

if it is recognized by the computer you can just drag and drop files to the device via windows explorer.