Ok - what am I doing wrong? SDHC Adaptor does not fit into usb Micromate reader

I apologize if this is the wrong forum - I purchased a Fuze+, and with it a Sandisk 32 GB MicroSDHC card.  I then bought a Sandisk Adapter to get from the Micro Card to my USB card reader.  I then purchased a SanDisk MicroMate reader (SDDR - 117).  But the Adapter won’t physically fit into the USB reader.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

That is a memory stick reader (some stupid Sony format that bombed), not an SD card reader according to Google.

The SDDR-117 reader is only for Memory Stick (that’s a specific format, not a generic term) cards, not SD cards.

A question: you bought a micro to full-sized SD adapter for “your” USB reader, THEN you bought a reader? Did you already have another reader, then you bought the SDDR-117 (and if so, did that one not work either?), or did you just mean to say you bought the adapter before the USB reader?

Thanks to both of you for the response - so the Micromate is the wrong item, got that.  But I did have another reader - but given the response, it’s probably for the wrong thing as well - it’s a reader that fits SM/xD memory cards?  It’s an old one that worked for my camera memory card (I think the brand it ‘Digital Concepts’).  Ok, so what should I be buying, as obviously I’m clueless.

(That was probably obvious from the get go, huh?)

Do you even need a SD card reader another? The Fuze+ is itself an SD card reader. If you do want another, pretty much any SDHC card reader from amazon/newegg. The key point being that it supports SD cards :slight_smile:

ok - so I can load onto the sdhc card through the Fuze+?  I thought you couldn’t do that (was that the old Fuze?) - but if you can, you’re right, another reader is unnecessary.  

Thanks!

@ack150 wrote:

ok - so I can load onto the sdhc card through the Fuze+?  I thought you couldn’t do that (was that the old Fuze?) - but if you can, you’re right, another reader is unnecessary.  

Not sure where you got that idea. You can load files directly to the card through the player on all Sansa mp3 models (that have a card slot), and have been able to for as long as I know, at least 5 years.