SanDisk Guru

Re: No Bookmarking & Folderview...I'm a SAD Panda

@brhartin wrote:
   It should not matter how the files are tagged (on the FUSE +)

But it does indeed. Not having Folder view/navigation like it's older brother (original Fuze), this player is strictly tag-based. Who knows; they may add Folder Nav in a future firmware update like they did on the Fuze, but until then your choices are:

1. Properly tag your files.
  2. Suffer & be miserable because you don't want to properly tag your files.
  3. Gripe & whine about having to properly tag your files.
  4. Get another player where ID3 tags are not as big an issue.
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

First of all, the whole concept of "tag your files properly" is pure BS.  You shouldn't have to do that to use a mp3 player.

That being said, my files ARE properly tagged but here is where the lack of folder support causes the player to fall catastrophically on its azz:

I have two folders.  Very large ones - we're talking at least 7Gb each.  Each one has several hundred files in it.  All poperly tagged.  All from DIFFERENT ALBUMS.  One folder is Chillout.  The other is 80s Dance.  80's Dance has Hi-NRG, Synthpop, New Wave, Eurodance and several other genres.  Chillout similaly has multiple genres.  I DON'T WANT PLAYBACK MIXED BETWEEN THE TWO FOLDERS.

If I put both folders on the player and want to play the chillout album ONLY, I would - using the retarded mindset behind the player firmware design - have to REMOVE the CORRECT ALBUM TAGGING on the files and replace it with something stupidly mundane like "Chillout".  I'd also have to do something similar with the contents of the 80s Dance folder.  Somehow that oh-so-simple concept of use escaped the trained (or rather untrained) chimps who designed the Fuze+ firmware and who deigned to remocve the folder support that had been added to the original Fuze which permits just such an occurrence.

Gawd, the simplicity of the above is so blatantly obvious that it bitch slaps one across the face.  Hell, oh I don't know, RADIO employs this concept EVERY DAY.

"Faith manages"
- jms
SanDisk Guru

@roj wrote:

First of all, the whole concept of "tag your files properly" is pure BS.  You shouldn't have to do that to use a mp3 player.

That being said, my files ARE properly tagged but here is where the lack of folder support causes the player to fall catastrophically on its azz:

I have two folders.  Very large ones - we're talking at least 7Gb each.  Each one has several hundred files in it.  All poperly tagged.  All from DIFFERENT ALBUMS.  One folder is Chillout.  The other is 80s Dance.  80's Dance has Hi-NRG, Synthpop, New Wave, Eurodance and several other genres.  Chillout similaly has multiple genres.  I DON'T WANT PLAYBACK MIXED BETWEEN THE TWO FOLDERS.

If I put both folders on the player and want to play the chillout album ONLY, I would - using the retarded mindset behind the player firmware design - have to REMOVE the CORRECT ALBUM TAGGING on the files and replace it with something stupidly mundane like "Chillout".  I'd also have to do something similar with the contents of the 80s Dance folder.  Somehow that oh-so-simple concept of use escaped the trained (or rather untrained) chimps who designed the Fuze+ firmware and who deigned to remocve the folder support that had been added to the original Fuze which permits just such an occurrence.

Gawd, the simplicity of the above is so blatantly obvious that it bitch slaps one across the face.  Hell, oh I don't know, RADIO employs this concept EVERY DAY.

Yes, but this would only take a few minutes. If the Fuze+ was in MSC mode, you could access your chillout folder with MP3Tag and change the genre of everything in that folder in one fell swoop, to "chillout", without it changing on your original files on your computer. You could then repeat the process with your 80's dance folder. Not that difficult at all.

While I do agree with you that folder support should be in the player, you are really getting a little bit too stressed out over it.Smiley Wink

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

"have to REMOVE the CORRECT ALBUM TAGGING on the files and replace it with something stupidly mundane like "Chillout". "

ROJ, why don't you use the genre tag for this? Those files in your chillout folder cobe given the chillout genre, and the in the 80s folder could be given the genre 80s.

SanDisk Guru

easiest solution for this would be to create 2 playlists. just open WMP drag the first folder to WMP and create play list sync tat to the player then to the second one. now you have 2 playlists that will only play what you want. pretty easy solution. 

SanDisk Fanatic

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

Yes, but this would only take a few minutes. If the Fuze+ was in MSC mode, you could access your chillout folder with MP3Tag and change the genre of everything in that folder in one fell swoop, to "chillout", without it changing on your original files on your computer. You could then repeat the process with your 80's dance folder. Not that difficult at all.

While I do agree with you that folder support should be in the player, you are really getting a little bit too stressed out over it.Smiley Wink

I'm sorry but NO.

I *properly* tagged my files (with mp3tag, by the way), I do use MSC (I hate applications "managing" my players) and will NOT change the PROPER tagging information just because some stupid chimp can't design and implement proper usabiluity that a mentally challenged flea could grasp.

And actually, this ain't stressed.  This is my normal modus operandi.  Stressed is an entirely different animal.  I just don't suffer fools or foolishness gladly (I'm an IT Security analyst by profession and in this biz, examples of that are legion).  When things are executed with intelligence, I am ther soul of sweetness and light. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Wink

Sandisk just desperately needs to get a clue.

"Faith manages"
- jms
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

@JK98 wrote:

"have to REMOVE the CORRECT ALBUM TAGGING on the files and replace it with something stupidly mundane like "Chillout". "

ROJ, why don't you use the genre tag for this? Those files in your chillout folder cobe given the chillout genre, and the in the 80s folder could be given the genre 80s.

Thanks but as I already pointed out in the original post, I'm using the Genre for the correct genre of each song, be it Nu Jazz, Chillout, Lo-Fi or whatever.  A type of music is a type of music.  Intelligent firmware design is intelligent firmware design.

"Faith manages"
- jms
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

@drlucky wrote:

easiest solution for this would be to create 2 playlists. just open WMP drag the first folder to WMP and create play list sync tat to the player then to the second one. now you have 2 playlists that will only play what you want. pretty easy solution. 

WMP????

AAAAUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!

I just lost my cookies.

However, the idea has some merit if Foobar2000 (is there any surprise that this example of terminal excellence is what I use for a player?) can do that...

"Faith manages"
- jms

@roj wrote:
I do use MSC (I hate applications "managing" my players) and will NOT change the PROPER tagging information just because some stupid chimp can't design and implement proper usabiluity that a mentally challenged flea could grasp.

Um,

I guess I do not understand the hate of MTP mode. You do not have to have any application "managing" the player in MTP mode. You can drag and drop in MTP mode all you want (at least in Windows 7 it worked for me).

It would also allow you to create playlists. I guees it depends on how you use the device, but to me it seems inefficient to try to manage GB of data through folders. I would rather create playlists and manage ID tags through an applciation. Of course, it is easy for me to say this since I do "manage" my device through an application and never had a need for folder navigation.

Why are people against MTP mode?

SanDisk Guru

@bret19 wrote:

Why are people against MTP mode?

MTP = Most Traumatic Problems

Smiley Tongue