New Sansa C200 showing a lock

I power it up and it shows a lock.  Also, my computer can’t read the USB/Sansa.  I have windows XP and WMP v11, seems like it should work.  Do you have to unlock the product prior to using.  I can’t find anything on this in the manual?

Thanks

You need to move the ‘hold’ button on the side of the player. I did this too when I got it. :slight_smile:

hehehe, they started shipping them in the unlock position because of this.

I had the same problem with WMP 11, when I got my c250. I had to uninstall 11 and go back to WMP10 now my pc recognizes the player and everything is working fine.  Anyone know if I upgrade to 11 now if that is OK? Don’t want to lose any downloads.

Um, your issue sounds different from the original one, I dont know what yours was… but you should be fine going to wmp11

Thanks for the replies.  I ended up figuring it out.  Why even have the lock?  Do you know what this is for?

Before I figured this out I upgraded to WMP11 and now that I am “unlocked” it works great.

Thanks again for the help. 

its so you dont accidently push buttons if you have it in your pocket or something. Most electronic hand held devices have this feature one or another

Maverick wrote:

Thanks for the replies.  I ended up figuring it out.  Why even have the lock?  Do you know what this is for?

Before I figured this out I upgraded to WMP11 and now that I am “unlocked” it works great.

Thanks again for the help. 

i like to lock mine and hand it to people to watch them try to figure it out :stuck_out_tongue: