My Scan Disk is not showing up on the C drive... at all...

I cannot see the Sansa as a memory on the C drive using both a XP and Vista operating system.

I have seen the device appear many times with other items, but nothing shows up here.  It does not recognize the hardware for some reason… in other words plug and play is not playing…

I don’t have the cd but my understanding is that is for the rhapsody upsell anyway as I understand it…

Thanks

Tom

It’s not supposed to be on the C: drive, that’s your computer’s boot (main) drive. Depending on what you have the player’s USB mode set to, it should appear as an external disc with a drive letter all its own (“E:”, for example), or as a media device with no letter at all.

PS: it’s “Sandisk”. Scandisk is a Windows utility for checking the integrity of disc drives.

Thanks for that correction… of course I did not mean to say C: drive… I mean the drive section where i can see all the drives like c: d: e: and the cd drives and etc… as my other mp3s and others show up… but the sans does not show anywhere… so that data can be dumped to it…

I have a centron mp3 player and several others and when I plug them into the port they immediately show and I can manage their data just as if they were another drive… but the Sans… its a no show… anywhere.

I tried all 3 usb modes including Auto and none work… and each time on a mode change I unplugged and replugged into the port and also refresshed the drive page but no luck…

The same thing happened to me after doing the firmware upgrade.  Did you do the upgrade as well?

@jules54 wrote:

The same thing happened to me after doing the firmware upgrade.  Did you do the upgrade as well?

Firmware updates will change the USB setting back to the default, Auto ‘Defect’. Try going into Settings > System Settings > USB Mode and change it back to what it was before, probably MSC,