Move tracks AND album art from internal memory to microSD

OK. You aren’t going to like the answer much when it comes to the file system management on the SD card. It seems to be a minimum MTP implementation.

If you use Explorer to look at the card memory while in the Connect, you will see music, photo and video folder. No matter what you copy into the folder, it will sort them into those three folders and any folder structure you copied in disappears. If you put the card into a card reader, you will only see one folder called mtp and all the files will be in the root of the mtp folder. There may be some mtp db files in the actual card root. So the Connect is just copying everything to the mtp folder and representing it in the music, photos and video folders in the Connect. Not really nice for managing the files.

The internal memory is managed with better structure.

So bottom line is you are stuck using YMJ or WMP to really manage the music in the expansion card (with some semblance of sanity).

Even then, I have noticed some issues with getting the Album Art to show up. But I noticed this on the internal memory as well.

Transferring some albums with Yahoo! subscription using YMJ, I noted that the album art didn’t show up. But it didn’t in internal either. However, transferring just one of the songs established the album art link. I deleted and transferred the album again. What do you know the album art linked correctly. But this isn’t anything that I can reliably repeat.