Message to Sandisk Mod, or whomever from SNDK reads these boards

Hello,

I would like to trade my Express, which has innumerable faults, for a SanDisk Clip.  I have tried, waited for FW upgrades, but ultimately failed to get the Express to work for me, and reading these boards I don’t think that a replacement will ever work properly.  I have also purchased a SanDisk uSD card, which seems to temporarily fix the player, but within a weeks time the player will first forget that I speak English, then will not power up without putting the uSD card back in.  You can view my ID to find all of the faults I have found, and to which I have had no remedy for.  You can also view my ID to see all the other SanDisk products (M series, C series) as well as the uSD card that I have purchased through your company.

I have read reviews and also the board, and have found that the Clip seems to be a much more reliable unit, and I would like to swap the Express for something that will be of use to me.  I have a C series which can utilize the uSD card, but as it is the Express is unusable.  I would appreciate a response.

Thank you.

have you tried the firmware update in this thread?

Yes I have.  I am on 01.01.05A, which I had to manually load because the updater would not work.

None of the problems I initially found are fixed.  The player will ask again if I want English after a few days.  If I wait longer it will not turn on at all unless I insert a uSD card.  The player does not recognize over 1000 songs (which I reported 6 months ago).

I just want something that will work.

Please use Support@SanDisk.com or 866.SanDisk to make request such as these. The forum is not intended to be an alternative to receivingTechnical Support from one of our techs.

I do try to browse the forum as much as I can for people who have contacted SanDisk in the past with no replies, following up with them, and making sure the case is addressed. If you contact SanDisk and do not hear a reply within 2 business days, feel free to send me a PM with the details of where you sent the email, as well as your email address and the original request sent to SanDisk.

But please take any concerns with products product replacement, or anything that require assistance to Support@SanDisk.com or 866.SanDisk. Thank you for your understanding.

*edited for grammar

Message Edited by MrSmileyFace on 01-31-2008 07:11 PM

Thank you for the fast reply.  I will contact through the number you provided.  If there is any way for you to advise of my situation to that team, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

just as an out of interest, interested observer… have there been any replies to the complaint?

I too am having similar issues. Having the player ask me what language I speak every few days and randomly (abour 50% of the time) loosing my place in the middle of an ebook after I power down the device? (FYI: I know that you have to power down without pausing… it doesn’t help). Come on. Seriously.

I can’t believe the amount of complaints on this forum all of which seem to be falling on def ears. I’m sorry I ever bought the Express. I’ll never buy another SanDisk product again. Period.

Yours Truely,
   Ticked Off

Actually, people from SanDisk have been responding…  but don’t forget, nobody goes onto internet forums to complain when everything is working properly.  Sansa is the #2 brand right now according to most of the statistics I’ve seen recently with market share percentage in the teens (trailing only the iPod) and considering the sales volume they probably have, it’s surprising how little traffic there is on this forum.

Of course, if you want immediate gratification, or you want to be assured of a response from the company itself, you do have to call them or email them directly.  The mods are pretty good about responding when it gets to that point (better than I’m used to seeing, in fact) but the nature of a forum is that you’re mostly talking to fellow users, not company officials.  That’s what tech support is for, after all.

Anyway, that aside, what have you tried so far to take care of the language issue on your player?  I’m not sure about the resume thing (I don’t listen to audiobooks, personally) but I’m certain that the language thing isn’t normal. 

Sandisk was very good about replacing the unit.  However they were unwilling to swap out for another type (The Clip) .  And, my replacement unit does exactly the same thing.  More often than not on power up, it is reset such that I have to choose Language etc, shuffle and EQ are also reset.  So I have given up on this product and will look carefully at these boards before buying another Sandisk player.  Really pretty shameful on their part for allowing a product like this into production with all the faults it has.

timboaz wrote:
Sandisk was very good about replacing the unit.  However they were unwilling to swap out for another type (The Clip) .  And, my replacement unit does exactly the same thing.  More often than not on power up, it is reset such that I have to choose Language etc, shuffle and EQ are also reset.  So I have given up on this product and will look carefully at these boards before buying another Sandisk player.  Really pretty shameful on their part for allowing a product like this into production with all the faults it has.

Its a business. And as a business they seem to be doing fine. Cant be 2nd best selling mp3 player without people liking your product (speaking in general, not sansa express specific)

I agree that SanDisk is doing fine as a company, it’s the Express that has MORE than its share of problems. We’re having exactly the same problem, Timboaz. I’ve got a bout a 40% chance that everytime I turn off my player, that it will loose all my settings when I turn it back on (seeing the language screen is an indicator of this). I recently updated the firmware to the latest (5A) and it doesn’t seem to have helped at all.