Memory card size for Sansa e260 v2

HI…I have a E260 V2 and am looking to purchase an expandable SD Micro for my player. I know they come in different capacities. Is there a size limit for the player itself? I some some good prices on the 16 GB micro cards

OK…before I get yelled at I found the answer…V2 will support upward of 16 GB. Thanks guys

@winchester92367 wrote:
OK…before I get yelled at I found the answer…V2 will support upward of 16 GB. Thanks guys

But . . . only when a card upward of 16GB is produced. :stuck_out_tongue:

Right now, that’s the largest ‘micro-sized’ card available. They’re working on a 32GB card; I would expect them to introduce it prior to the 4th quarter and the accompanying Christmas season like they did last year with the 16, but who knows this year with the economy in the state it’s in.

Whoa. Learn something new every day. I knew 16G was the limit, but not because that is the largest micro SD currently available. (I hadn’t been paying attention to the sizes since even 16G is currently more than I’m willing to pay.) So it *will* take 32G when they come out? And up when they come out?

32GB will be the largest they’ll be able to produce in this format. There is already a 64GB (and above) in the works, but it will be in the SDXC format, which will require players with different hardware than what the current Sansa line-up offers.

Which could explain the disappearing Sansas from the marketplace. They might be slowing production or letting inventory levels drop, so they don’t get stuck with ‘obsolete’ products when the new ‘next-gen’ technology hits.

32GB will be the largest they’ll be able to produce in this format. There is already a 64GB (and above) in the works, but it will be in the SDXC (X-Treme Capacity) format, which will require players with different hardware than what the current Sansa line-up offers.

Which could explain the disappearing Sansas from the marketplace. They might be slowing production or letting inventory levels drop, so they don’t get stuck with ‘obsolete’ products when the new ‘next-gen’ technology hits.

@tapeworm wrote:

Which cracks me up because they just introduced the whole “slotradio” and “slotmusic” thing- did those ever sell well??

Well, that works for me anyhow, because I think I can *just* get all the music I own onto 40G.  So I am even more happy with my flock of e280s and accessories…  ;->

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&thread.id=30597 

@autobahnsho wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Which cracks me up because they just introduced the whole “slotradio” and “slotmusic” thing- did those ever sell well??

I was mainly referring to the Fuze, Clips & Views (you know, the decent players) disappearing from Walmarts, Office Maxs, Best Buys, etc.

As far as the ‘Slots’, it’s hard to say. I don’t see much in the way of advertisement or promotion, nor do I see a lot of them in the marketplace. And the response and volume of posts concerning them here on the forum is, shall we say ‘underwhelming’.

Of course, if you listen to or put any creedance in what the SanDisk folks here have to say about them, they’re the greatest thing since (as Neutron_bob would say) sliced pickles. And I’m sure any one of them would say they are selling great! But they would almost have to say that (whether it’s true or not), wouldn’t they? :stuck_out_tongue:

If Sandisk’s targeted demographic is the technology-challenged AARP member who can’t figure out how to put music on one of the more ‘advanced’ players and is willing to pay a premium to have it already done for them, and could care less about the sound quality becasue they’re deaf in 1 ear and can’t hear out of the other, or the lack of options/features, & customizations, then they could be right. But I doubt whether this market would be enough to substain SanDisk and/or build their share in the mp3/portable music player arena.

I have a 250r v1 that I use with a 16gb micro card. Is this player capable of handling the 32gb card? If so, would it operate slow or would speed not be a problem? Thanks!

@bruiser13 wrote:

I have a 250r v1 that I use with a 16gb micro card. Is this player capable of handling the 32gb card? If so, would it operate slow or would speed not be a problem? Thanks!

The only way to use a card larger than 2Gb with a v1 machine is if you’re runniing Rockbox firmware. In which case yes, the 32GB card will work too. If you’re having success with the 16, the 32 should not be any more taxing on it.