MSC Mode is pooped out/ MTP is bugging out

I can’t seem to use msc mode, when I plug it in, it shows the removable disk but it says its 0/0 bytes and when I open it up there is nothing inside.  I can’t even format the drive. what is up?  When I got to mtp mode, I also have an issue because it says its filled when i still have like 2 gb free.  It just keeps restarting too when in mtp mode and its connected.

can anyone help?  Thanks a bunch

I have a e260 btw

Message Edited by workinprogress on 08-07-2007 10:29 AM

have you tried formatting your player using different File System? like NTFS or mac OS extended?

I think I’ll try going into recovery mode later and formating from there. what do you mean by other file?

@workinprogress wrote:
I think I’ll try going into recovery mode later and formating from there. what do you mean by other file?

I wouldn’t suggest formatting your device in recovery mode unless you have the right file.  You could learn how to get this file through this thread. Once you do that then try formatting your device using a different file system.  Different file systems like NTFS and FAT or FAT32 all have different methods of formatting your player, some more thorough than others.  Another thing you want to try is; once you get your device up and running, upgrade your firmware.  After you upgrade you should be able to run your player properly.  Let me know how that has helped you, if my suggestions helped. Thank you.

-Sansa_Doctor

thanks sansa doctor, I’ll be doing that probably on Friday when I have time. I’ll keep what you said in consideration