M3U playlist support (in MSC mode)

@tapeworm wrote:

Placing .m3u playlists in the Playlists folder will not work. They must be in the Music folder will your music files. Also the music (and playlist file) must be loaded iin MSC mode, not MTP.

I think that you didn’t read my first post or at the very least misunderstood me…

I’m not mixing the two modes up nor have I attempted to copy M3U playlists over in MTP mode. I’ve already tried placing my playlists in the MUSIC folder. Also in regards to my last post: all I attempted to do was imitate the folder structure I saw in MTP mode by creating a “Playlist” folder while in MSC mode and placing M3U files in there. And of course the files (MP3s) were transfered in MSC mode first it otherwise how would I test my playlists at all to troubleshoot that they were even vaild in the first place!

I’m sorry if I appear fustrated, I’ve typed various attempts I’ve made to get this working and no one seems to have any idea on how to fix it.

Again, to clarify: if I transfer my files in MTP mode and create a playlist using Windows Explorer, I can get playlists working (of course those only reference MTP transfered files). The problem is: I can’t sync properly using MTP mode without having to switch media managers and I’m not sure I can do that given other needs. MSC mode is needed, not only for playlists, but for everything else too.