M250 - Is it normal for it to forget all settings when turned off ?

That’s exactly what Buy.com has done. Thanks for the reply. I got an email from buy.com on Dec. 26, 2008 with a bunch of offers, one of them being this Sansa m250. I bought mine 5 hours later. By that time, they were OOS, but the order went through and I was to get the unit when they had procurred more. It took nearly a month for me to get the unit.

The serial number of my particular unit is BE0708SS009847. This morning, my OP had been read 35 times but noone had replied, and I called Sansa Support: 1-866-726-3475. Navigated the automated menu system and got a live person, unfortunately a bad connection. It wasn’t so bad we couldn’t communicate, but it was somewhat difficult.

We finally arrived at the fact that my unit was among a batch that will not retain settings when turned off. She said my options are:

1. RMA
  2. Live with the problem

I said I’d RMA. She gave me a case number and said I must fax them my proof of purchase and then call them back and they will move forward with the RMA. This is good news to me. I have to go to buy.com’s website and hopefully find a way to get my proof of purchase there. I think I can. I don’t believe they included anything in the box in terms of documentation, nothing.

I wish the m250 supported resuming where you were in a selection when restarting the unit, but AFAIK it is not supported. Anyone? Thanks.