Locking Mechanism is Garbage. Getting refund soon

Most processors have a hard wired primary control input, as the top button is for the Fuze+.  For example, the e280 uses the menu button as its power input as well.

For the Sansa, this control has the additional duty as the reset input, restoring the player if the key is held for an extended period of time.

There’s only one, well- there are several issues that come into play when remapping the power button, or giving it additional input options.  Has anyone tried using the cute little cigarette lighter sized iPod Shuffle , with the remote control integrated into the headset cord?  Yes, living with that system felt something akin to getting wrist cramp while searching for that elusive QSO in Morse Code.  A pair of images will show what I’m talking about.

First, on we go to the Ham shack.  Enjoy the warm dusty essence electronique wafting from the vacuum tubes…

Here is a sample of just how complicated multiple presses could be:

How’s that for a real conundrum?  No kidding, the little guy has a control scheme that virtually requires an amateur ham operator’s dexterity to command it.  This is just an example, of course, but I thought it fun to share with you.

The current manual lock command , using the play / pause “button” is very simple.  It’s the unlock command that currently, I’ll say it proudly, ■■■■■.  It ■■■■■ for one simple reason: it unlock works regardless of the distance, position, or sweep rate employed.  As long as your finger, pocket liner, or that chicken nugget you forgot in your pocket makes contact between the lower and upper half regions (yes, 5mm of travel will do it) of the pad, she unlocks!

Getting the final solution involves several steps, officially.  Finding the best control combination requires finesse, I guess.  Each solution needs agreement, testing, even committes at the office cooler while comparing methods.  Well, then it goes to coding, testing, and QA too.  Updates have been pretty quick so far, for the Fuze+.

Using a control scheme from the iThing might have issues all in itself, never mind the above example.

I would like having an auto lock function (user selectable), plus the manual option as we do now, as it would be the simplest.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: