Locking Mechanism is Garbage. Getting refund soon

Support cannot elaborate on ongoing development, really.  Rest assured, the locking function will be fixed.  Currently, the Synaptics pad is undergoing neutron bombardment here in the linear accelerator:

I’ll bet a jelly donut and my coffee on it, the touch pad will be improved.  Actually, it’s not the pad that’s the issue, the software that works with it is the point of contention.  The locking function is being worked on. I understand your frustration over the wee beastie, believe me.

Working daily with the Fuze+, I have to be a contortionist to keep my fingers away from the pad surface, as if it were wet paint, lest the device zoom off to another track.  I am hoping for a basic revision of the pad logic that will fit the bill for most Fuze+ users.

Personally, I like the following changes to the interface best:

• Addition of an auto-lock function after a few seconds of inactivity.
  • A real unlock logic: slide from bottom to top, at the very center only, smooth pressure.
  • Special function when locked: several quick taps anywhere on the pad pauses / resumes.
  • Additionally, when locked, a wide sweep from side to side skips forward or back 1 track.  The pad can recognize fingertip or a broad contact differently.
  • User-selectable sensitivity for the pad.

The above changes take advantage of the touch pad’s greatest attribute: the user need not touch a specific area, like a button, especially when locked.  The only specific position required is to unlock the device.

The Fuze+ has wonderful potential.  I am confident that the touch pad interface will be refined soon.  It does most everything well, and sounds great.  Now,with a little tweaking…

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: