Kingston 32GB card - Card shows empty after a few songs added.

I got a Kingston 32GB card for my 4gb Sansa Fuze+. I first formatted it in the Fuze, then used the “sansa fuze” icon in my computer to copy the folders & files to the “music” folder.

The problem is that after I copy, say, 5 albums (folders with mp3’s in them), transfer to the Fuze gets slow, and then when I go to look at whats in the card with the Fuze, it says “empty”. However, the songs are there in windows explorer though. Also, I noticed that in the Fuze, the “card” section turn from MicroSD to a different icon and says radio slot.

I have tried about 8 times so far, formatting the card in the Fuze, then using windows to copy the songs over. I have also used totally different songs to make sure there was nothing wrong with them. Also, tried different usb ports and re-booted pc.

Also, tried putting the card in my Sony DSC-HX9V camera and recored HD video with no problems or slow copying. Then put it back in the Fuze and re-formmated.

*edit - tried putting it in MSC mode and it transfers everything fast, but still having trouble with missing songs in the Fuze and windows.

I use a 4GB SDHC(Kingston) for my 8GB Fuze+ and I had the same issue.

Try the following:

1. Take the card out

2. Turn your Fuze+ on

3. Put the card in (at this point, it’s going to read the content of the card and refresh the database)

4. Go to your “card” menu and by this time you should be able to see your new content.

Pretty obvious solution, it just never comes to mind, that you actualy have to “force” the player to refresh, though it’s pretty understandable, since it would be a real pain in the ass if you would have to wait for this refresh on every start.

I hope it helps.

@szomjas wrote:

Pretty obvious solution, it just never comes to mind, that you actualy have to “force” the player to refresh, though it’s pretty understandable, since it would be a real pain in the ass donkey if you would have to wait for this refresh on every start.

Anybody who has owned Sansa mp3 players for any length of time is familiar with this. The e200 v1 series was this way (and probably all previous models) and we lived through it. :wink:

nope… that didnt work for me… im tryng to get videos onto the card…they work fine on the internal memory, but card shows blank no matter what i put on it :frowning:

How long have you had this already? I just hope it’s still under warranty though.