JUST PURCHASED & NO VOLUME PLAYING

brand new, just took it out the box, set it up, loaded some music from my PC onto this clip zip, and went to play some, to see hat it sounded like, and thought the volume was just too low, raised that and still…nothing. i get no sound out of the sandisk zip clip player.

any ideas other than trying a different headset, which will ■■■■, since i bought these earbuds just for this player.

Michelle

UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH! my headset cant be in fully in the jack for it to play…it has to be loose for me to hear the music…NOT cool, cause it cuts in and out that way…

UGH!!! :womansad:

NEW ISSUE. this device didnt download full songs, cuts them half off, any ideas how to FIX that issue??

my last sandisk Mp3 player (differrnt one wasnt a clip zip) didnt have these issues…

this is an upgrade. im niot leased so far with how its handeling…

Michelle

OK, I FIXED THE SONG ISSUE, FOR SOME REASON IT DOWNLOADED 1 MINUTE OF ALL THE SONGS…NOT SURE WHY IT DID THAT. BUT THE ORIGINALS WERE STILL THERE TO BE USED. SO I JUST DELETED THE 1 MINUTE ONES AND RELOADED THE WHOLE ONES, SO THATS FIXED, BUT THE JACK ISNT WORKING WITH MY HEADSET, ITS STILL WIGGLY IN ORDER TO PLAY THE MUSIC, AND I SPENT 20.00 SO ITS NOT LIKE THEY ARE SUPER CHEAP (YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ETC.)

oops sorry  about the caps.

Sounds like your headphone plug is not fully inserted into the jack. We hear this a lot as the jacks are sometimes extremely tight on a brand new player. Try twisting and pushing a little harder on the plug to get it all the way in. It will loosen up in time.

1 Like

thanks for the trply, my son said the same thing, and guess what (im gonna sound like a comlete ■■■■■) my son pushed the thing in, and there was sound, apparently i DIDNT have it in all the way, yet, it clicked. made that sound that tells you its IN…

so you were right, it wasnt in all the way, and i thought it was, i mean the thing wasnt coming out where i had it, it was secure.

anyway, sound has been restored, i have all songs at full length, and it plays great! :slight_smile:

You weren’t being foolish, just cautious–that first time, it feels like you might break the little player!