Howdy, I have a new Sansa e250 and a new Toyota 4Runner,...

I have a new Sansa e250 and a new Toyota 4Runner, which has a mini-plug for plugging in an MP3 player. So I bought a male-to-male cable from Radio Shack. One end of cable plugs into Sansa headphone jack, the other into the 4Runner jack. Power on Sansa, set JBL system in 4Runner to Aux (per owner’s manual), and wa-la…nothing happens. I’ll try my cursed iPod next, but was really, really hoping the Sansa would be my auto device.

Any advice?

Thx,
-Phil

Message Edited by jediwebdude on 08-02-2007 08:50 PM

Same SUV for me and mine works?  Are you sure Ratshack sold you the right cable? Mine is a male to male stereo cable.

i can’t say whats wrong. it could be anything. try your sansa with earphones if you can hear sound, its not your player.
is the a mode in your JBL system like aux? if there is, try switching to that mode.

@pepi wrote:
Same SUV for me and mine works?  Are you sure Ratshack sold you the right cable? Mine is a male to male stereo cable.

Yep…as mentioned in my post, it is a male-to-male. And it is stereo. I’ll return it and see what Best Buy has to offer.

@marqck wrote:
i can’t say whats wrong. it could be anything. try your sansa with earphones if you can hear sound, its not your player.
is the a mode in your JBL system like aux? if there is, try switching to that mode.

As stated in my post, I toggled the JBL system over to aux. Failed to recognize it.

Thats a cool feature for an suv! :smiley:

Is that a 2007 toyota?