How to to get a refund from the to sansa store :: Sansa Zip

Hello fellow sansa zip users,

Perhaps I brought this device too early cause there’s several bugs. Previously, I owned a 2x sansa clip and 4xsansa clip+. I love those devices never had a lot of problems. When I saw the release of clip zip, I pulled the trigger too early and didn’t do enough research.

Here’s my issue

1. The album art is not showing at all (I read ABI and this forum and follow the 100 kb limitation and < 500x500) doesn’t show up. I used mediamonkey to tag it
  2. Random freezes (I have the latest firmware), it’s horrible sometimes the device won’t reset so I have to wait 5 minutes. 
  3. Menu freezes (Music doesn’t stop playing) but I can’t browse songs or click anything.
  4. The battery life is unbareable. I woke up this morning at 8:00 to go to the gym and it’s current 11:00 3 hours I’m at 55%. I can’t get through the entire day like my sansa clip+ (rockbox’ed, even longer with regular firmware).

Aside from that, I love the color red! The two tone color is a turn off.

I’m using my old Clip+ to replace my sansa zip just because of all these issues. I mean color screen is nice addition but the sacrifices of too many other great bulletproof features from the old clip+

Thanks, any help would be appreciated I’m trying to return this device :)!

You should contact SanDisk store’s customer service. Its Help page has lots of info., including as to returns (allowed for 30 days). https://shop.sandisk.com/store?Action=DisplayHelpPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=sdiskus&ThemeID=9295600 You also could telephone SanDisk for tech. support on the player–perhaps it’s just a lemon (it’s kind of sounding that way–don’t just give up, if that’s the case! :wink: ); if so, SanDisk will replace the player under the player’s warranty (and at least in the U.S., covers the postage both ways). 1-866-SANDISK (726-3475) And the SanDisk Tech. Support page generally: http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

The only thing warrantable in your complaints that I see is maybe #4.

#1. Album art works perfectly fine. I’m sure there’s something you’re doing to prevent it from displaying correctly. Insert a .jpg image into the Album folder named ‘folder.jpg’ or ‘album art.jpg’ to represent all the files in that folder, or embed a .jpg image into each file (taking into account the 100k file size limitation). I would use MP3Tag; maybe Media Monkey has something to do with your issue.

#2. Freezing is caused by the device’s inability to read the ID3 tag of one or more files. This could be related to your album art issue, or the tags themselves are of the wrong format. Again, I suggest MP3Tag and set the default Write format to ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.

#3. Same thing. The freezing is being caused by something you have put onto the player. It is not the player’s fault.

#4. While it sounds like you’re not getting good battery life, realize that the level indicated is not totally linear. Also the estimated battery life by the manufacturer is based on 128kbps files with a minimum of backlight operation and other assorted limitations and criteria. Kinda like the gas mileage advertised on new cars. you’re never going to get that in the real world.

Thanks for the reply,

1. I’ll try tagging the folders
  2. I’ll try your suggestion
  3. read # 2
  4. I left the house at 2:00 with 44% battery life and it stopped playing at 3:14 exactly understand your point, I’m comparing back to old clip+. Even with the color screen display, it shouldn’t be that much worst (perhaps 3 hours less, being generous). My clip+ last about ~13 hours, my sansa zip well base of today’s hour played… It last would last about ~2.5 hours.

Thank you so much,

I have contact the sansa department via the email, if it I don’t get a reply by Monday, I’ll give them a call on tuesday :)!

@soul wrote:

Thanks for the reply,

1. I left the house at 2:00 with 44% battery life and it stopped playing at 3:14 exactly understand your point, I’m comparing back to old clip+. Even with the color screen display, it shouldn’t be that much worst (perhaps 3 hours less, being generous). My clip+ last about ~13 hours, my sansa zip well base of today’s hour played… It last would last about ~2.5 hours.

I would definitally look into this. My CZ gets an easy 8-10 hours with 256 kbps Mp3 play back and 128 kbps mp3 (podcasts)

I get 12 hours with high bitrate MP3’s.

Moved to main page for visibility.