Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: How can I tell if I my e200 is version 1, 2, Or Rhapsody?

[ Edited ]
As I pointed out above, you can't always tell by the back of the unit. The possibly illiterate  labor that builds them may not distinguish between E280 and E280R. If it's a Rhapsody, it will say so on bootup .

Message Edited by c1u31355 on 02-06-2008 10:31 AM
Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers
Highlighted

Hi,

Id like to see how Audio book Support works on version2. I only have version1, unfortunately, and I Usually listen to Audio books. Could someone describe it ?

Also, any news on constant refresh issue upon Start-Up ?
Highlighted

So... there is no way to tell what version of the e200 version you are buying by looking at the box? That stinks. I was playing with one in the store this evening. Wish I had thought to check the firmware version on it while I was there. If I go back to buy one I'll have to check the demo unit to see.

Dana
Highlighted

"Has been there an issue which refurbished Sansa e250 players using the back covers labeled e250R as thier model?  Because my e250 player i bought from buy.com has that cover labeled as E250R but I have never seen the Rhapsody option for my player. It also refused to work after i updated with sansa e250R firmware, kept saying "load image failed, switch to recovery mode" but it is working fine with the lastest version of e250 V1 and the sansa media converter has been detecting it as only E250. I just found out this in attempt to get my player back to work after upgrading to the firmware e250r failed."

Don't feel bad as I just received my e250 from buy.com Friday.  Dam thing looks brand new and also shows Rhapsody and model: e250R on the back plate.  Yesterday I also tried updating the firmware to the e250R and had the same problem you did.  Took me most of the morning to figure out I had Version V1 and get it back in working order.  I just wonder if the reason some of these units HAVE the refurb sticker on the back is only because they have the wrong backplate on it?

Highlighted

As far as I can tell Best Buy is selling the Rhapsody version of the e200 series. The package has a product number that includes "RAP" or "RHAP," can't remember. On the front it says Rhapsody enabled. The demo model in the store is nailed down so I cannot get a look at the back of the case.

I know you bought from buy.com, do you still have the packaging to check... just curious.

Dana
Highlighted

No! The refurbs from buy.com just come with the ear phones and the usb cable packed in an anti-static bubble bag and sent in a plain box. 
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Is there a way to update your player to e200v2?
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Because I like the v2 better and I have v1 on the e270 and with v1 my wheel moves around in places it's not supposed to, for example: when I'm scrolling down often it starts to up and then down and then up. 

Please reply to this as soon as you see this

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

You can't change a v1 to a v2. They are different pieces of hardware. The v2 firmware won't work in a v1.
Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers
Highlighted

Hey guys,

so there is no way when you buy these products to tell which one you are buying? That seems rather unfair, since they do have noticably different specs.

Would anyone know if those Sansa e250's sold by Amazon.com are v1 or v2? I'd hope it was at least v2, because i do plan on watching videos on it. Aside from the difference in speed, are there any other differences that cannot be taken care of by using different firmware/Rockbox?

Link is here.

Thanks for your help.