How can I tell if I my e200 is version 1, 2, Or Rhapsody?

@mickeyfan1 wrote:
Can you recommend any library books that are about mp3 players for a beginner?

I can . . . and you’re reading it right now. There’s no better place to find out about an mp3 player than reading a forum. Here you get to see & read about the operations, limitations, strengths, weaknesses, common failures, fixes and assorted other tips & tricks.

Also you get not just one author’s viewpoint, but a whole collage of opinions & ways of looking at things from many different perspectives. If you want just one angle that’s one of the best, just do a search on this board for any/all posts by C1u31355. If you put all his informative writings on this forum together, that would make an _ awesome _ manual on the Sansa players!

If you’re looking to buy a device and want to compare or check out the ins & outs of a particular few, then definitely look at anythingbutipod.com (link provided by C1u above). Of course, if you really want info on the “fruity I-thingy” you’ll have to go elsewhere. :smiley:

The ABI forum has many, many sub-forums on vitually any & all mp3 players on the market today. No else else I know can you read so much information on so many different devices all in one place. The only downside to this site is that it doesn’t seem to get the same volume of traffic as this one does, so some posts don’t get responded to very quickly; sometimes not at all! And some of the advice dolled out there is rather limited.

The ‘standard’ answer/solution to any problem or request for help there seems to always be:

1. Re-load firmware
  2. Re-format player

Now, granted these 2 recommendations help in many cases, but they are not the “silver bullet” or “magic pill” that everyone there seems to think they are. As a result, some requests for help go un-solved, but then that’s why your’re HERE and not there, isn’t it? :smiley: