How can I tell if I my e200 is version 1, 2, Or Rhapsody?

To clear up the confusion regarding audiobook compatibility:

The v1 players do not support Audible format .aa files natively, as synchronized via the Audible Manager.

That does not mean that you cannot enjoy Audible books, however. Remember, the books purchased from Audible are yours, meaning that you have the rights to the book. Simply use an application like Nero to burn your purchases to CD as mp3 files. These files are readily useable on the Sansa e200 v1 series, just not as convenient to load.

You should burn all purchased media to CD, whether it be music or audiobooks, so you are protected in the event of a computer crash. These things can and do happen when you least expect it!

If you wish, don’t forget that you can use the CD-RW (rewritable) format, or DVD, if that’s your preference.

The v1 player doesn’t support the native .aa format of the Audible downloads, meaning that you can’t port the books directly onto your v1, and you lose the “chapter” function, but those books are still readable!

The v2 devices fully support the format, meaning you can load .aa format files directly.

Hope this helps! Audible is a great deal, especially when compared against the “average” audiobook price out there.

Enjoy your books!

Bob :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 08-30-2008 03:36 PM