How can I tell if I my e200 is version 1, 2, Or Rhapsody?

:open_mouth:

i was recently on the sansa site, and i found out that they DISCONTIUNED the e200 series, hmm, wonder why?

anyway i just wanted to put that out there, i personally have the e280v2 and love it, i dont understand why they discontinued it so early. Even my local staples doesnt sell it anymore, so if it breaks, im skrewed. :frowning:

Now I know mine is version 1 e280 what now? Its on recovery mode…and stuck there I have tried downloading firmware but theres another error message I have no clue what else to do Please please please help!:robotsad:

@nikolasharris wrote:

:open_mouth:

i was recently on the sansa site, and i found out that they DISCONTIUNED the e200 series, hmm, wonder why?

anyway i just wanted to put that out there, i personally have the e280v2 and love it, i dont understand why they discontinued it so early. Even my local staples doesnt sell it anymore, so if it breaks, im skrewed. :frowning:

So early??

Amazon has reviews going back to April, 2006.

If 1 human year is 7 dog years, then 1 human year is like 40 years for electronics…

@formula wrote:
Now I know mine is version 1 e280 what now? Its on recovery mode…and stuck there I have tried downloading firmware but theres another error message I have no clue what else to do Please please please help!:robotsad:

OK . . . you’ve determined what version you have. That’s what the 1st post in this thread is supposed to help you with.

Now what? Depends on what your problem is. You haven’t said anything. At least not enough for anybody to help you.

1.  Start a new thread with a short, yet descriptive Subject heading.
  2. Explain in detail what exactly your problem is (it does this, it doesn’t do that, etc.).
  3. How long have you had the player? Did you get it new, or re-furbished?
  4. How long has it been doing this (or not doing that)?
  5. What OS are you using? (Windows, Linux, Mac)?
  6. What USB mode on your player are you using?
  7. Explain in detail exactly what you have done up to this point to try and resolve your situation.
  8. What exactly is the error message you’re getting? When do you get it? Is it an error msg. on your player’s screen or on your computer?
  9. Have you read the FAQ to see if anything there addresses your problem?
  10. Have you used the Search function to look for similar posts of problems like yours?

Could someone add to the main sticky post in this thread how to identify the version from the version.txt file?

Husband has an e260, what kind we’re not sure.  He got he refresh database freezeup and I’m trying to help him.  Followed the instructions on getting it to start in recovery mode.  I can see the version.txt file but when I tried to download firmware got the ‘Application failed to read the version details’ error, which I am hoping is because it was the wrong version.  Sansa Updater just gives me Updater Service Not Available.

He usually uses it on Vista but I’m trying to fix it on XP Pro sp2.

version.,txt contains:

Version Info: Product Rev.: PP5022AF-05.51-S301-01.01-RN01.02.165-D

Base Code: 05.51-S301-01.01-RN01.02.165-D

ODM Ver.: S301-01.01-RN01.02.165-D

OEM Ver.: RN01.02.165-D
Build Type: -D

Build Date: 2007.04.27

Build Number: (Build 32.10)

(though it runs together in the file)

I thought I bought it from Rhapsody to go with his service but I could be wrong.      This is the first prob he’s had with it.

IF someone can ID the version from this I can try downloading the right firware exe.  Thanks in advance,

spud                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

That’s an e260R. I recognize the “01.02.165” as a Rhapsody firmware.

Thanks GWK.  One step at a time…

Good stuff, once I knew what I was dealing with the recommended fix on the e200r forum (sansa.fmt) corrected the Refresh Database freezeup.  The hardest part was figuring out which version we had.  Thanks again! 

If you have an e200 series player that’s so dysfunctional that you can’t read the version.sdk file or find the version by reading the player’s Info , you may still be able to find out whether it’s v1 or v2 by finding the Product ID.

If you’re using Mac OS X , do the following:

Connect the player to the computer’s USB port.

Open System Profiler.

Click on USB in the left column.

Look for something with the word Sansa or Rockbox in the USB Device Tree. (You may have to click on some triangles to descend the tree.)

If you find such an entry, click on it.

Look for the Product ID in the list in the box below.

If the Product ID is  0x7421 , you probably have a v1. I base that on the observation that the five v1’s I tested all had that ID, while the one Rhapsody and the two v2’s I tested all had other ID’s.

I presume the Product ID can be found somehow on Windoze systems, and certainly on Linux , but I don’t have any idea how.

What if my model on the back only says e280? This is the player I have. It that version 1 or 2?

chambersix wrote:
What if my model on the back only says e280? This is the player I have. It that version 1 or 2?

Read the 1st post in this thread.

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 02-04-2010 06:44 AM

Indeed, turn on the Sansa, and look at the top line after selecting Settings > Info.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

FYI, just received my 4GB Sansa e260 from Newegg.  The rear of the case indicates e260v2 but the firmware is 01.02.18A so it is really a v1.

Any known issues if I update the firmware to 01.02.24? 

Thanks! 

-Paul 

Message Edited by paulgj on 04-21-2010 02:42 AM

no puedo conectar ni ver videos o escuchar musica en mi ipod, el modelo es e250R, que puedo hacer

por favor me pueden ayudar

quote:  “3.x is a v2.  1.x is a v1 or a Rhapsody.”

What does the 3.x or 1.x mean?

Under Settings/Info the first line is

version            01.02.20P

On startup

model e200

is briefly displayed.

The player does not seem to provide any other clues, except that the back says

Rhapsody

in the center and

model e250R

in the lower right hand corner.

You have a 1.x.

I was hoping I had a v2 in the UK but would like to verify. My model is an E280 8GB (only e280 is printed in the bottom RHS) which also takes external 8GB microSD card. I had a major freeze so followed NeutronBOB’s procedure to reload and now have firmware 01.02.24F which, I understand, is for a v1 device.

So, my question is Do I have a v1 E280 or could I have a v2 with v1 firmware installed?

If I had a v2 model it would seem that the video is better and reloading that version would be an advantage.

Any feedback gratefully accepted.

You have a v1. it is impossible to install v2 firmware on a v1 device.

I use Program4Pc Video Converter Pro for all my video converting jobs and happy with the result.

http://www.program4pc.com/video-converter-pro.html

I recommend VIDEO CONVERTER PRO

http://www.program4pc.com/video-converter-pro.html